Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

While back I heard a wireless headphone wouldn't work for the Sovereign

Ron from Michigan

Staff member
Got a Deteknix transmitter and receiver to see if this is true. Problem with my Sovereign there was no way to mount the transmitter on the rod assembly. Problem solved I mounted the small box on the arm cuff with the two bands that came with the kit. The headphones I used are Jolly Rogers, which have a 1/4 inch plug. The receiver has a 1/4 inch inlet and worked perfect, the adapter Deteknix included wasn't needed. The battery on the receiver and transmitter were dead and require almost 3 hours each plugged into my computer. After installing on my Sovereign I powered up the transmitter first and then the receiver to match up, until the transmitter light is solid. I increased the volume to the max. I was surprised how loud the Jolly Rogers were uncomfortable never had this problem before running the volume to the max on the Sovereign for gain I always felt these headphones need a little more volume.

Continued: I took the Sovereign out in my coin garden and this wireless system work very well. There does seem to be a off period with a null but I don't see this effecting the performance, none of the silver, copper or nickel targets experienced this glitch. Most of these targets were around seven inches and I used the small 7 1/4 inch Tornado coil.

How do you like the performance Ron?
I was in here a few months back talking about how I love the wireless sets up.

Good Luck.
Jason

Jason, I have noticed on some target nulls the signal will block out for a fraction of a second. Overall I think this Deteknix's wireless system works well for me on the Sovereign. This wireless system seem to give the headphones a boost, my Jolly Roger's required the volume to be turned down three or four notches. Maybe next season I can get more field time. Thanks Ron