Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

White Treasure Pro vs MX Sport

Currently have a treasure pro and I'm looking to pick up the mx sport. I found one for $450. Should I buy it? Other than water proof what benefits would I gain? Thanks for the input.

Ryan

I think you would probably gain some depth with the MX7 because it is built on the MXT format which is deeper than the Treasure Pro. I have not had the opportunity to use the MX7 or MX Sport but have owned the MX5 and didn't really care for it. It was deeper than the TP but just to erratic and proned d to EMI. I am also a Treasure Pro user and perfectly happy with it. I want to get a waterproof detector before summer if I can swing it financially so the MX Sport does interest me.
Pesc

edit ...............

I traded for one last summer/fall and haven't looked back. It is an awesome detector. There will be a 6-6.5 coil coming out for it this spring from Whites. My favorite feature on this detector is the reject volume. It is very sensitive and can go very deep without having to crank up the sensitivity.

The MX Sport is a awesome metal detector, Discs very well, Separates super. goes super deep in my area.I have been detecting over 40 years and the Mx Sport is as deep as they come at any price . There is a lot of tech In the MX Sport. Run it with out any disc and listen to the iron as well. My friend has a T Pro and is selling it to upgrade to the MX Sport. The MX Sport is a big step up in my opinion. HH

Jpwheelin07 said:
Well folks I purchased a mx sport at a great price tonight, and I'm super excited for spring!!

Congrats!:clapping: You won't be disappointed. Just take the time to learn it. I haven't completely learned mine yet but so far it has produced some great results.Like you, I am anxiously awaiting the spring thaw. Good Luck and Happy Hunting:thumbup:
Just for an example, click this link https://www.whiteselectronics.com/find/1-ounce-999-fine-silver-coin/?lang=us which takes you to the Whites Electronics finds page. I found this with my MX Sport which at that time i had only been out a few times hunting with it.

I can now speak from experience since I have a new MX Sport. The Treasure Pro is a good machine but can't hang with the MX Sport depth wise. The MXS is heavier but not that bad. The MXS has a faster processor and even with the stock coil separates targets very well. The only thing I have not liked about it is the waterproof headphones because they don't get loud enough even at full volume. If you want a deeper waterproof machine then get you one. I kept my TP and have no plans to get did off it. I will use it with the 6x8 SEF coil in totlots or really trashy areas until I can get the new 6 shooter for the Sport. Another great thing about the MXS is the menu system and operation is basically the same as the TP with more options allowing for an easy transition.