Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Whites 350 blue max problem

Steve(MS)

I bought this used coil and it has a intermittant connection, I think it is where the coil wire goes in the coil because I can move the wire there and it will start working properly. There is a plastic nut where the wire goes in the coil, can I loosen it and take it off to see what is going on and what will I find if I do this? I don't want to destroy anything yet as I can still use it as it is.

You have a poor solder connection which is likely internal and even if you got the nut off doubt if you could get at the connection to repair..Also many of these plastic nuts are secured by an epoxy and just may ruin it. My thoughts are return it to seller as you have a defective coil....

You can safely unscrew the nut.
Underneath you will see a rubber sleeve thats a really tight fit. I have seen one that was perished and moving the wire caused similar problems.
Unfortunately the access into the coil is almost non existant as the hole is so small.
If the black ? rubber looks fine I would check if the problem is a little further up the cable. I did have a problem on one coil just as it entered the plastic nut. I solved it by putting two thick rubber washers on the coil to prevent the nut being screwed right down (there's about half an inch of thread), painted the last couple of inches of wire with glassfibre resin to prevent flexing, filled the nut with silicon bathroom sealent and screwed it down. This took the bad connection below the top edge of the nut.

If you don't want to go to the trouble of removing the coil connector just cut the washers, cover with a little silicon and slip on sideways. Its the rubber in the coil that keeps things watertight.

I will sometime unscrew the nut and see if I can find out what's going on. I may try the other tips too if all else fails.
Regards,
Steve