Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Whites 6000 DI pro question

flashs

Hi all,
I just picked up the last blue box version of the 6000 DI pro series. My question is... What does the third setting on the power switch do? The power switch has 4 settings, 1. off, 2. (P) preset, 3. on/sens, 4. battery check. I have gone to the Whites site and downloaded the manual for this machine, but the page that shows the power switch settings is different from what my machine shows. The one they have shows hot rock on, and hot rock off for settings 2. and 3. I can not find any info. anywhere that explains this...need your help! This machine has the automatic ground balance switch, with the old style white coil. And as far as I know is the last of the large blue box versions. If anyone has the proper manual for this model please contact me. I would dearly love to have a copy of the page that explains this feature. Thanks a ton for any help you all can give in this matter.

Just in case anybody else has this same question, I'm posting the answer here that I gave you on the White's forum...

The power switch turns the unit off and on and has a battery check position which reads on the meter. There are two ON positions available on the power switch. The first is marked with the PRESET marker. This is the position to be used by the novice when all controls are set at PRESET. The second position is marked ON/SENS and should be used for full operator control of the detector.
The SENSITIVITY dial is operative only for the GEB/DISC mode. It is used to either increase or decrease the sensitivity of the detector. The other operating modes of the detector are locked into maximum sensitivity and not controlled by this dial. In order to operate the Di Pro in the TRAC position to accomplish "automatic ground balancing" while using the GEB/DISC mode it is necessary to keep the setting of the SENSITIVITY dial at PRESET position.
BTW, this is far from the last version of the "blue box" 6000's. This model immediately pre-dates the Coinmaster 6000/Di HR (hot rock) which was followed by the Coinmaster 6000/Di Plus. The Plus is the last edition of the "blue box" version. It included a fiber lower rod and the Blue Max Deep Scan coil. The "Plus" also came in non-hot rock and hot rock versions.
Let's look at it this way - the ON/SENS position simply gives full functionality to the detector. It is ON with SENSITIVITY. The PRESET position is ON but reduces the sensitivity of the detector. Remember (and this is why I talked about sensitivity), in all modes other than GEB/DISC, sensitivity is locked to maximum (when using ON/SENS). Sensitivity is reduced in favor of stability when PRESET power position is used.
The easy answer is this: when you stop using the rest of the settings in PRESET, make sure you use ON/SENS, rather than the power PRESET.

I just registered after I saw your post.

I also just picked up a 6000Di Pro at an estate sale and also came up with the same owner manual you did, the one that has the "Hot rock" position. A week or so later I went back to White's web site and just typed in the manual I wanted and up it came. There isn't a lot of difference in the manuals.
This is my 1st detector since the 60"s and 70's when I also used a Blue Box.,, think I'm going to like it.

RobM -Tulsa