Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Whites 6b coils vs blue max

JJdigs

So I have a whites Eagle II blue box detector. That model is supposed to use the blue max coils. And they say that the older 6b coils may work but the id and or ground balance maybe off if you try to use those older coils. However I have hooked up the older 6b coils to the blue box eagle II and notice no difference ..... Has anybody noticed any difference doing this ? Thanks for any or all comments ...

You may have a eagle 1 box with the update to 2. Think the update to eagle 2 came with a sticker for box.

I just put a blue max 800 coil and it does alot better ! Such a cool older machine with alot of options !

I vaguely recall this issue back in the very early 1990s. The original Eagle incarnations had the old "buoyant" type white coils. But the latter Eagle II SL was using the 950 loops. Much better incarnation. And in the in-between time, Whites offered some sort of chip, to those with the earlier generation, that fixed some of the wimpy-ness of the first Eagle. Whether or not that allowed the user to also use the 2nd generation loops or not, I don't recall. I recall someone saying they wouldn't ground balance properly. So perhaps you might do well in an air-test, yet suffer in actual ground ? I dunno.

I love my Whites Eagle II SL. But it started to get whooped depth-wise by other machines. CZ6 was deeper (albeit with a few drawbacks). And when the Explorers came out, they too spanked the Eagle II SL as well. If it hadn't been for the depth issue, the Eagle was, in all other ways, a great machine. Not too good on wet salt beaches though. Couldn't track fast enough. Even though it supposedly had auto-track for that, yet it never worked as well as other Whites , like the 6000 Di pro, for instance, on wet salt beach.