Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

White's Beach Hunter ID 300

eek

Help, I just bought a White's Beach Hunter ID 300 and took it right to the beach....Did not get the first contact....another detectorist was on the beach
and was getting all sort of targets....He found a target with his fisher cz 21 and I did not get any signal at all on same target (Penny) at about 5 inches
....did an air test and picked up a quarter at about 3 inches.....I was also getting a lot of falsing at factory preset....cleaned coil cover and still same problem.....checked battery pack and cleaned contacts with pencil eraser....still no depth...batteries tested good on the detector....anyone got any
ideas or should I just send it to White's and let them figure it out.

Thanks,

eek

Eek, Did YOU READ the Owners Manual before YOU took it out? If not, that's the 1st Mistake YOU made, but You're NOT the 1st to make it!! I Cannot Get over how many Detectorists
pick up a NEW Detector, Turn it on WITHOUT READING the Owners Manual, and START Swinging and EXPECT to be Successful!! I'm NOT saying that YOU fit into that
category!! If You bought the detector NEW, then more than likely, it's Human Error!! TRY Manually Ground Balancing IT for BEST Results!! If You bought it USED, it might be the
Detector!! Try what I suggested, if NO CHANGE in results, then I would SEND IN to WHITES Electronics!! Best of LUCK, Les Robinson.

Don't forget to ground balance it.
I use to go to soccer fields to practice with it before getting in the water
and that helped. Lucked in to finding a few gold and silver rings with mine.
I had the 9.5 coil on it but just after the warranty expired it started falsing.
Sent it in and the replaced it with the yellow non floater. Was a great
detector but had a hard time seeing the led lights in the full sun.
Not a good combination on a bight day in the water with the sunlight

Hi eek,with or without ground balancing the 300 should get much more air test depth than you are getting......it will also pick up a penny at way more than 5 inches.I use mine in all metal mode and it's one of the deepest non pi machines you can get,it will also pick up the smallest objects such as earing backs and tiny stud earings.
Try setting the ground balance exactly at the half way mark and doing another air test,if you are getting the same result there is definately something with the detector.Ground balancing this machine at the beach can be something of a mystery to be honest that takes a little getting used to,but if you leave the balance knob exactly in the center position,you will get great results on most beaches.....even whites engineers said this.
Used in all metal(you still get the target lights),i prefer this machine to my minelab sovereign,on my beach it goes as deep and picks up smaller objects.

Nauti Neil knows his beach hunter inside out mate. Try what he said. He finds tiny things very deep and pulls gold rings out of the ground for fun. Having seen him
use that machine I was very impressed with it. Good luck :)

Thanks guys, I sent it to White's and had a bad coil....they did a pressure test and it had a leak in it. Haven't got it back yet but White's said
it should work like new..

eek

Glad the problem is solved.
Leaves more time to read the manual..
Or not! LOL
I've had my eye on the BHID for awhile so I'm interested in how it works for you.
Cheers