Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Whites Beach hunter new coil for the 300

keppy

I was told the new coil for Whites Beach hunter 300 has near neutral buovancy ................ But then some one said the new coil still floats like the old one..................Can any one tell me if the new coil still floats?...........

, Not as much as the older beach hunter. However. it does .(NEAR NEUTRAL BUOYANCY). iT floats but like I said not even close to the older model.

i never found it to be an issue--it does float but nothing you won't get used to. i was going to the sock with sand in it but i am in and out of the water too much to be taking it off when hunting wet or dry sand

I have used both and the new coil does not float as bad as the older model,would I call it near neutral buoyancy, no!

That being said the new coil does not bother me one bit and is no strain to keep down!

I was out today for 2.5 hours, and my arm hurts form pushing the coil down! It floats like a cork. If you are doing knee deep water, fine. If you are going deeper (waist deep and totally submerged, this will drive you insane!

I only use the 300 for submersion because the coil floats, it is nearly impossible to pinpoint with that monster coil and to the 300, everything is a ring.

In fact, I am probably going to dump this machine and go Excalibur.

[size=x-large]Hmm,[/size] good luck.

i got a new bh 300 a month ago. have had it out 5 times in the fresh water and have found clad everytime along with plenty of tabs and melted cans even a few junk rings. a pair of sunglasses 8 inches under the gravel an sand in 5 ft of water. i had no problem with a floating coil at all. my problem was when i went from water to dry sand the coil felt like a ton after its neutral bouyancy in the water. lol i thought something was wrong with my arm. needles to say i headed back for the water. the bh has done what they say it does for me anyways. you obviously get fooled by certain targets like flattened cans etc/ and you will dig alot of pulltabs but then who doesnt. other than the small ground balance window theyve talked about ive found it to be a great machine. my biggest problem is figuring out which machine to use when i go, the v3i or the bh 300. goodluck hh