Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Whites classic 1 square box disc knob and power switch mod

JJdigs

Out of the pile of whites I recently accumulated... I decided to see if this one worked. After install 3 9v batteries, it fired up. As I tested the one and only knob on it...,it went bunk....broke...and quit. The original knob is two functions ...turns on and rotates for discrimination. I decided to add a seperate power switch. And a new disc potentiometer....I first used a 10k and that just didnt work good at all...it would only beep on high conductives,There was no range. So I put in a 20k and it worked flawless. Here are some pics.....the board on these are much smaller then the slimline boxes. I do want to ad ground knob, and sensitivity knob. And the resistor change ,with different vaule resistors then what the bill mods call for. I want it a little less sparky.

The original 10k pot has 5 wires...top three wires I soldered to the new 20k pot. Than I added green and white bottom wires to a spd switch.

Installing the switch...found a good spot for it. Then I used a s rubber stamp and white ink to put the "ON" label.

I love the fact that you can use this detector setup 3 different ways....under the forearm is my favorite setup !!!

With no mods for increased depth or sensitivity it air test most coins around 6" max. After the added fun it should wake it up a little !