Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Whites Classic III plus question

skookum

High guys,
Just scored a near mint Classic III plus.
The previous owner has mounted a 950 BlueMax coil to it.
Will this coil work on it, or are there better coils out there.
My trend would be for going to a smaller unit (61/2") anyway.
Any suggestions to what is usable ???
Greetings from Germany
skookum

skookum said:

High guys,
Just scored a near mint Classic III plus.
The previous owner has mounted a 950 BlueMax coil to it.
Will this coil work on it, or are there better coils out there.
My trend would be for going to a smaller unit (61/2") anyway.
Any suggestions to what is usable ???
Greetings from Germany
skookum
The early Coinmaster Classics in that more squarish box and powered by 3-9Volt batteries use the older-style search coils, as do the Classic I and Classic II in the Slim-Line housing w/8-AA batteries.

The Classic III Plus was the first of the Classic series to use the Blue Max series of search coils so yes, the Blue Max 950 is a proper coil for that mode and was the standard coil. That was the Classic model that brought me over to enjoying the Classic series and my #1 favorite search coil on them has been one of the 6

Hello Monte,
Thanks for the answer.
Ordered a 5.3 Bullseye from the UK.
It is also compatible with my 6000/di pro sl, which is a bonus.
Will have the manual GEB plus the boost conversion done to the classic.

This is a great website with tons of info for anyone interested in more knowledge than can be obtained from an instruction manual.

Thanks to everyone that has helped me. Especially Mr.Bill and Keith who instantly replied to my PM questions.

Greetings from Germany

skookum

6,59 kHz