Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Whites classic sl beep and dig mod hunt

JJdigs

Ok I figured out my Whites classic SL originally a one knober, Now three. I was having trouble power balancing it. First I had the sensitivity too high. When the two resistors are replaced on the board and a ground knob and sensitivity knob was added I did not realize I need to turn the sensitivity down to about 5/8 this power.... Then I was able to get a positive or neg. Reading while I adjusted the ground knob. I have hunted about three hunts so far.... Fairly deep machine....the silver dime I found on the edge of a field that had been turned around 6" deep with a good pop sound.... Deeper targets at a park were tricky...still working on learning the 6b coil language. The disc knob accepts foil way below my other Whites classic machines in the past. 9 o'clock on my old idx blue max style machines would disc out foil. With the classic 6b coil foil is discrim around 7..... Plenty of fine running to go BUT wait !!!

I have a pile more machines to mod test and frenkenstien up !

JJ,always look forward to your conversion,its inspired me to do the manual GB mods on my IDX Pro,but although i have the items to do the job its not actually been done,its our peak detecting time so have been out as much as i can before the crops close us out till harvest time,still have some deep pasture left that will keep me going.

Will probably do the conversion sometime in the next month or so,its just building up the courage to start the job is the hardest part about it,and also that little niggle in the back of my cranium thinking i could scrap a beautiful fully working detector :lol:

What are the other conversions that you have planned ?? the only one that i plan on doing is the IDX Pro,but saying that i also do have a Laser B3 Tesoro based machine that i would also like too convert into a Laser B1 manual GB spec machine,i do have a B1 as well both are about as good as it gets on trashy roman sites.

Very nice setup and the ability of getting targets closer to iron range, should be a good Gold jewelry unit especially for school or playing fields.

Congratulations, Keep up the modifications you're doing great!

Paul

The Whites SL in the picture I got from Rico on this forum...great guy ! Thanks Rico...I used that model as a study to mod the other ones. On one of the classic I have I'm not going to do the replacement of the two resitors. I'm cgoing to start off with adding the sensitivity knob and ground balance first. And see how one behaves that way !