Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Whites closing their plant.

Ray-Mo.

Screenshot_20200618-183340_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20200618-183340_Facebook.jpg

Wow! Hate to see that, but can’t say I’m surprised.
Thank you White’s Electronics! You have been great and will be missed. Thank you for being the catalyst to my treasure hunting addiction! White’s is directly responsible for the awesome times I have had and still have with my Dad. Also thank you for giving my Pops something to look forward to since the 1970’s. Thank you White’s Electronics!

Globalism ONLY works for third world countries with third world economies. SUCKS!

somone has to keep making the TDI SL its a great machine

This should be no surprise to anyone! I am surprised any metal detector manufacturer is still in business! As they stated, "ntense competition in the industry". How can anyone still survive? Competition is great! I will always keep my White's Spectra V3i. I am sad to see a company close that has many years of satisfying customers. I posted recently asking if any manufacturers had closed. One member responded that they were not aware of any.

#1 Leatherneck

This should be no surprise to anyone! I am surprised any metal detector manufacturer is still in business! As they stated, "ntense competition in the industry". How can anyone still survive? Competition is great! I will always keep my White's Spectra V3i. I am sad to see a company close that has many years of satisfying customers. I posted recently asking if any manufacturers had closed. One member responded that they were not aware of any.

#1 Leatherneck
Yep. Tesoro went out of business about 7 months after I bought my Vaquero and now Whites. Although I never had a White's machine there is no doubt they were good. Hard to keep up with a $245 machine.

Well its sure a sad time to see Whites go this way. I have been using Whites since 1977 and sold and hired them for quite a while. At 82 still using the v3i which been 10 years old now and still can do things that no other detector can do. Once you learn how to put it toghether program wise and save them you are all set to cope with all facets of detecting. Here in Australia we have our $1 & $2 coins which the aluminium screw caps land on but using correlate you are not troubled by them as the coins stand out from the screw caps even though they land on the same vdi.

The v3i will stay with me till i die and i look after it like a baby. It has so many moves its just incredible. As for Whites service its just tops I had my v3 2009 sent it to the states for the conversion to the v3i and they put a new control box cover new screen and revamped it the the current latest model at no cost.

Which they had made a v4 but i am not complaining as the v3i is unbeatable.

Has anybody got any information if they will be providing any repair services? Likewise, if they will keep their forum up? Perhaps, they will be posting a timeline addressing these concerns for their customers.
Thanks!
#1Leatherneck

It sucks they are closing, as the White's XLT spectrum was my first, and got me into the game we all play of going broke buying more and more machines!. It would be really great if another metal detecting company buys it out and takes it over, if offered. I am sure White's has exclusive patents on certain detection technologies that could be attractive.

I hate to see any American business shutdown, so that's another bummer.

-Mark

Tuesday, my seven pair of Pro Star headphones arrived after being sent in for repair. I was pleased they were serviced and returned, and now this news. I got my first White's, a Ghost Towner BFO, in-hand in August of 1968 and have owned and used many of the better models that have released. Sorry to see them fading away.

Monte

I called Whites today because I sent in my V3I for repair. I explained I had just purchased a new MX Sport and inquired about the warranty. Jack told me that Bob at Centerville Electronics in Virginia will do warranty work.

They said the Manufacturing Plant. That is not the Customer Service. Plus They seem to not be able to get certain items to make detectors due to Covid. SO Maybe its just a temporary thing. Because I thing the TDI can go for 3000 bucks a pop. Mine lab dose it so To stay in business maybe Whites needs to up there prices to. I think they will be back. And What im saying if they do up your prices on Detectors because they Rock.

Has anybody got any information if they will be providing any repair services? Likewise, if they will keep their forum up? Perhaps, they will be posting a timeline addressing these concerns for their customers.
Thanks!
#1Leatherneck
White's will do repairs the next 2 weeks, then they will be done here;
Centreville Electronics
9437 Main Street
Manassas, VA 20110
(88:geek: 645-0202
(703) 367-7999
Fax: (703) 367-0868
bobnpaul@centrevilleelectronics.net
www.centrevilleelectronics.net