Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Whites Coinmaster 5000|D GEB

aushunter

Gudday people.
Can anybody please tell me how well this older machine performs as I wish to purchase one 2nd hand.:shrug:
I only need it for chasing a few coins and for $100AUD should be a bit of a bargain if someone can recommend this model.
My young boys also would like to hunt so an older machine wouldn't be so bad.
I mainly hunt the water and just need an olden goldie that works.
Feedback for the Whites Coinmaster 5000|D GEB would be appreciated.
Cheers and HH
aushunter:ausflag::whites:

If it is the "series I", then it's a vlf/tr machine, circa pre 1980-ish. A real dinasour. Very poor depth in disc. mode, (esp. in minerals). I think you can do better with your money, for a backup machine, as more recent vintage machines seem to come up in that price range.

If it's a "series II", then it's an early motion discriminator, and would be more competitive. The series II was popular, a good wet beach machine, etc....

I had one of the vlf/tr units. It was silver hungry. I could get 8"+. 8"+ was just a wisper. If you think you got a wisper switch it to shallow vlf and if there is a signal dig, no signal in shallow vlf then set it to deep vlf. If you get a signal in deep vlf then dig. 9 times out of 10 it will be a real good coin.
anyone that didn't like the 5000D VLF/TR just didn't understand the machine. I always ran at the bottle cap setting of 0 and then adjusted discrimination.
It will knock out the bottle caps and give an overload signal on shallow ones, just raise the coil 2" above the ground and it will knock them out. If hunting for gold rings run on 0, you will dig a lot of junk for each gold ring you find. The 5000D VLF/TR has a great discriminator just don't knock out more than a pulltab.
It's a great machine. Hope this helped. ronmsr

Thanks fella's for the info.
How a bit of info the following machine WHITE'S COINMASTER 6000/D PUSH BUTTON GEB DISCRIMINATOR
as I missed out on the one I had my eye on.This machine is 25yrs old but has only been used once and still in original box.
Must be someone out there that can give some info on this one
aushunter:ausflag: