Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

whites detector to fisher f2/f4 coil adaptor

donl98632

I see that a connector is now advertised that adapts the fisher f2/f4 coils to work on the whites older xlt/6000 units. Has anyone ever used this adapter, or have any results to report. Would be great if I could tryt out a dd coil on my old low frequency detector............

Hi Don, I was looking for a 4x6 DD coil for the 6000 PRO, and was told that they didn,t work good on the old detectors. Whites has a 4x6 dd for them. If the adaptor will work maybe the new dd coils will work better. I have a 4x6 for my MXT and it works grate for trash, that is why i wanted one for the 6.59khz detectors. If you get one please post how it dose. Good Luck Flintstone

I bought one of the adapters off ebay for my Whites QXT to use F2/F4 coils and SEF coils made for the F2/F4. I believe it works as I've talked with the guy who makes them. only I'm hesitant to fork out $180 for a 10x12 SEF coil and find out it has problems. So that's where I'm at with it. These aren't the older adapters from the 80's, this is a newly built device, and if I can get my hands on a F2/F4 coil I'll update this post.
Critterhunter is also interested in this adapter and what it would mean to XLT,QXT,6000XL PRO users. You can find more on this if you do a search.

Hey Mike, did you ever get your hands on a Fisher compatible 12x10 to try out with the QXT? Wish I had one to send you to try out on that dongle. Maybe somebody will donate a coil for you to try it on for a while, just so people can find out if this thing works well or not. I'm only hoping it being a dongle might have some electronics in it to mate to the coil better, unlike those older simple pin re-configuration deals that had been around for a while. What I'm suspicious of is that thus far I can find no field reports on the web. Usually when people have something good to say they will, but on the other hand if they don't they tend to just let it ride and not cause a stir. On the other hand, maybe it's such a good thing that old low freq Whites units lovers are keeping a great secret all to themselves...:biggrin:

I think it is a great idea. I saw one for a garrett DD ace style coil to work on a classic sl or xlt frequency. the only thing I can say I like about the garrett machines is, I believe their coil can take a heck of a beating and keep on working. Anyways, the less optional coils for the older machines from whites is a big problem and whoever got this idea, I believe was pretty smart. And also if they do work good, I can imagine a nice DD coil on an XLT would be a killer combo and I might take the plunge and try it myself. Tim