Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Whites dfx or whites mxt pro

Waterdog

I have a chance to get a whites dfx or a whites mxt pro. Which one do you think would be better for coin shooting / jewelry hunting ?

Simple answer, the MXT Pro. Naturally I'll ask what detector you have now and do you feel you need to make a change from what you're using?

To better answer I can say that I am not, and never have been, a DFX fan. I've owned four of them and they lasted just a short time because they never performed up to the level of my XLT. I have owned a lot of the XLT models, and have one in my current outfit as well. The original MXT came out about the same time as the DFX and I favoured it over the DFX to compliment my detector outfit. When Carl worked on improving the design to give us the MXT Pro, I immediately got it to replace my MXT. The MXT Pro is a very efficient detector and works great for Coin & Jewelry hunting.

Even more so today because a lot of sites had become trashier in the last 20 years and the 3 filter design of the MXT series is better because you can use a moderate to fast sweep in open areas yet still work with a slow and methodical sweep when hunting trashier environments.

I have a very versatile outfit of detectors right now, however if I had extra money and wanted to have a museum of favorite detectors through the years, I would get another MXT Pro with my two favorite coils. The 6 1/2 in concentric and the 9 inch concentric spider coil. Great for trashier or brushier your environments and the other for working more open areas.

Monte

I agree with Monte, even though I really liked the Signagraph and full tones on the DFX. Otherwise, it was not able to get around design issues that caused its depth to be very anemic even in good ground. It was also an EMI magnet. Fairly slow recovery speed also in trash.

The MXT Pro is a much more versatile and powerful detector and I would recommend it for park a coin hunting in typical aluminum trash parks unless you absolutely need the simultaneous multi frequency operation of the DFX=beach hunting.

I have a chance to get a whites dfx or a whites mxt pro. Which one do you think would be better for coin shooting / jewelry hunting ?
[/QUOTE/ I've had both. MXT all the way.

I sold my MXT Pro to a buddy who wouldnt hunt with anything else for a long time. You didnt say what size coil you would have but I sometimes wish i had it back cuz it was one of the last machines out with a standard concentric coil and a large one hits deeper if the trash isnt too bad. But its a great turn on an go machines and for coins and jewelry a smaller coil is great too. The DFX has a really high learning curve although the few who have mastered it really like it. Go Pro.