Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

White's Dual Field PI Settings & Depth

Waterman

I have only had once chance to get out with my new Dual Field Pi, I followed the suggested pre-set settings and was not impressed with the depth, I got about 10-12 inches on coins maybe I should follow someones advice on how to set it for fresh water hunting, low minerals and what depth should I expect on medium gold rings, coins clad, copper & silver? Thanks for any advice...H.H.

12" on coins is not bad. Remember, preset (especially the gain) is only about 60% of what the machine is capable of. I don't know about fresh water but in salt water I usually run the following settings:

Gain: 3:00
Pulse Delay: 9:00
Threshold: 11:00

Experiment with it and post your results.

"Get Your Swag On"

Thank you for the reply Horsesolider, I figured I needed to crank it up a bit, just didn't know how, the instructions that came with the detector were not very detailed. I hope to try your settings tomorrow night in the lake here and will post the results, that is if the weather co-operates :canadaflag:

Good Luck. Remember that "Preset" is nothing more than a starting point, a "turn-on-and-go" setting. It doesn't mean that is all the machine is capable of doing. Kinda like a car. The speed limit is 55 MPH but the speedometer goes to 120 and most of us drive at 75. When you get to where you are going to hunt, put a ring on the ground and play with the adjustments until you get the max performance without loosing stability. HH

the Dual Field worked like a dream, no GOLD rings but my coin finds outnumbered my trash (bottlecaps & screws) tonight at some real impressive depths in our fresh water lake, thanks again. I have never dug so deep for coins even with my Excal 10" or Sov/Gt with the WOT in the water! I am a happy camper tonight.