Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Whites Dual Field Sound Volume?

Bubby

How loud is the Whites Dual field? I don't like having my ears blasted as I always run my headphones on my V3 at a low volume. How come they didn't put a volume control on it like the Sand Shark?

If you have sensitive ears like I do wait ! ! Because there is no volume I had to deal with this issue with earplugs and sold it because it was not comfortable doing it that way, other people will tell you to lower the threshold but it will still bang on your ear . Dont get me wrong this is a great machine along with the beach hunter but it needs to have a volume knob installed. (whites are you there??? put a volume knob on it). I miss the machine but I am not losing my hearing over it

Volume hasn't been an issue on my dual field. Seems to settle into a nice steady threshold and an easy to discern break when over a target. I wouldn't change a thing. If you raise the gain, the threshold volume increases. Same with the Sand Shark. Raise the threshold and the volume increases. But with both machines, raising the threshold means losing sensitivity to minute changes that indicate a deep target. Better to accept low volume and concentrate.

Thanks for the replies. Redbird- what beach machine are you using now?

VBDave - I saw your posts that you used a Sand Shark and now you are using a Whites DF. How do they compare? I was thinking of going with the Sand Shark because it does have the volume control but heard the DF goes deeper.

Bubby

Right now I have the detector pro wader,this has the volume control. I can not give you any results now because I have not had a chance to run it . I will be heading to the islands soon and can give you a report on it if you like. but it seems to do ok with a dime at 8-9 inches so possibly even better when I hit the sand
No disc like the bhid 300

Bubby said:
Thanks for the replies. Redbird- what beach machine are you using now?

VBDave - I saw your posts that you used a Sand Shark and now you are using a Whites DF. How do they compare? I was thinking of going with the Sand Shark because it does have the volume control but heard the DF goes deeper.

Bubby

I think the DF is slightly deeper. The DF coil also handles better in the surf; it doesn't flip up as easily as the Sand Shark. The major disadvantage of the DF is the amount of digging you do. Although it pinpoints reasonably well, that 12 inch coil is hard to get into a 20 inch deep hole when you're chasing a pull tab. I wasn't really in the market for the DF because I was (and still am) quite satisfied with the Sand Shark. But a friend had the DF and I had a Glock which I couldn't stand. So we traded. I'm happy with the DF also. Now that I have 2 PI machines I'm trying to decide which one to sell.

If you open up the battery case inside is a little screw and you can adjust your volume there...I have no issues with the volume so I have never had to make any adjustments... just use the threshold knob..