Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

White's Dual Pulse

Seen a lot of chatting regarding the Infinium,and other PI units.. Just wondering if anyone has used/tried the White's DF and the results? I have a TDi and used in various areas and situations. A great unit, tones work fine. Want a comparison to the DF tho. anyone? Thanks...Rich

If you are looking to use the DF for relic or nugget hunting forget about it unless you want to hunt in all metal. That's the secret to the LS and TDI...its ability to ground balance and diferential between certain targets. I would recommend you run a search on the forum and read some of the previous posts. Good Luck!

Hi,

The main difference is the Surf Dual Field does not ground balance. Turn off the ground balance on your TDI and you'll get a good idea of how the Surf performs. In clean white sand it gets great depth. But if you get into places where a ground balancing unit is a must the Surf suffers. But it is hard to beat for somebody wanting astright up waterproof PI as for a very good price it packs some bang.

For years I've bounced back and forth using the the Surf and then the Infinium in Hawaii. I had noise issues with my older Infiniums that amde it hard to decide which was better, as the Surf hit on the hot rocks. So neither was perfect. But the new Infiniums seem much quiter so I'm going to give it a go again. I sure wish I could get and underwater TDI as I think it would be a great Hawaii unit.

Steve Herschbach

I use a PI Pro and it works great here in West Florida (white sand), but didn't seem as sensitive to the real small gold as the HHPI with the 8". The 8 goes deep for it's size. If diving I would go with a Pro, the original PI, or the dual field for depth.