Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Whites Eagle II SL 90

straker

Was this the deepest of all Eagle models? Due in part to the 'Signal Balance' control? I just got one and itching to take it out.

I’d say it was the most stable. I found deep coins with beginning with the blue box Eagle 2. I either owned or tried out all the following: Eagle 1, Eagle 1 w/update chip. Eagle 2, Eagle 2 SL 90.5. In my soil 6 inches on a dime with decent - not too wild a spread repeatable TID & strong audio was considered excellent. Everything from the Eagle 2 onward was pretty darn solid. The tone ID & reliability of my Eagle 2 SL 90.5 was what kept me using it for 12 years. If you don’t mind the form factor - heavy, it is very capable. I went to the V3i after and that was a definite performance boost. Still have it but often grab lighter units for long hunts. Remember that these old Eagles were not the best at unmasking coins in heavy iron. Small coils helped.
Enjoy it.

I’d say it was the most stable. I found deep coins with beginning with the blue box Eagle 2. I either owned or tried out all the following: Eagle 1, Eagle 1 w/update chip. Eagle 2, Eagle 2 SL 90.5. In my soil 6 inches on a dime with decent - not too wild a spread repeatable TID & strong audio was considered excellent. Everything from the Eagle 2 onward was pretty darn solid. The tone ID & reliability of my Eagle 2 SL 90.5 was what kept me using it for 12 years. If you don’t mind the form factor - heavy, it is very capable. I went to the V3i after and that was a definite performance boost. Still have it but often grab lighter units for long hunts. Remember that these old Eagles were not the best at unmasking coins in heavy iron. Small coils helped.
Enjoy it.
I Just acquired an old Whites Eagle II SL, and apparently there are a few different versions. How do I ascertain which model mine is? By the serial number?

The 90 has 6 operating programs and silk screen writing covering the whole bottom of the control box. 22263.jpg22266.jpg

Enjoy it.
I'd like to chime in on this... here's what I know first hand on how it was explained to me from a regional whites dealer I've dealt with for more then 20+ yrs.. So I owned a blue box eagle with the update and also an eagle 2 blue box.. Both of these detectors ran a Motorola processor in them.. When the black box units came along whites switched to ( i believe a Hitachi processor ). His opinion was The performance wasn't as good as the blue box units .. I can attest that eagle II was a Damm good hunting machine in my area. Nickle TID was dead lock on , and dimes were found by the dozens... Who ever bought these detectors from me ( many yrs ago ) should have found coins by the pounds.. And they would know if they were my units because Whites modified both detectors to an XLT configurations handle set-up... And they only did 2!!!

Thats my story, final answer. Mark ( ohio )