Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Whites "Flagship" Detector ?

Lol......I have a gt and owned one when I had the beach hunter........the beach hunter was still my favourite although the gt with the depth mod I had done on it is a beast now.
Only my old Explorer xs with the 15" WOT coil on it went deeper. Never tried the WOT on the Sovereign.
Love to see one run with it.
The 13" Ultimate is half the weight.
And these days. Weight is Everything. 😥

Lol......I have a gt and owned one when I had the beach hunter........the beach hunter was still my favourite although the gt with the depth mod I had done on it is a beast now.
But who wants to dig three ft holes anymore.
Even in blonde sands.
The deepest it ever went for me was 30+ inch's.
On a silver plated can/bottle opener on the beach.
That took forever.

MXT all the way for me!

And for salt water if you don't mind getting lots of bobby pins and other metal trash in the scoop (that's what a magnet attached in the scoop is for) the PI Surf Pro.
As I said in my initial post shown above, those are my favorite Whites machines. This thread was about Whites units.
Since it has stayed, I love my Sov GT on the beach!

But who wants to dig three ft holes anymore.
Even in blonde sands.
The deepest it ever went for me was 30+ inch's.
On a silver plated can/bottle opener on the beach.
That took forever.

Could have been something really nice.......I once dug a very deep hole.....not quite as deep as you had to dig........and i found a nice working citizen eco drive watch.Nowdays as I get a bit older I dig so far and give up.😁

For me it has to be the XL Pro which I still own. With its simplicity, accuracy (separation of targets) and depth on targets. My best find with the XL Pro was a small gold heart shaped with a center pearl and small chain attached at almost 9 inches below the surface! You just have to watch that twitchy needle when P.P.

My first White's I bought was in 1977 and it was the 5000/D (blue box) which is probably the flagship where it all began. Both XL Pro and 5000's, 6000's both run at 6.592 kHz. I use to own an MXT and really liked it.

Back in 2009, I bought a VISION and I said to myself, Oh My! What did I get myself into. What a learning curve! ...But what a powerful detector. "#1 Leatherneck" summed it up for all and myself, thanks Guy. Next I bought a V3 and presently have a V3i. Man, I really like the flexibility of programing, the 3 simultaneously hunting freq. and separate freq. if you so desired! The one feature that I mastered is the "Bottlecap Reject" setting. Once I got accustomed to it, my take in quarters increased and bottle caps decreased. These are my top picks.

TC-NM

This thread has been interesting.
I asked for a suggestion on what members felt was Whites flagship detector.
Instead of 1 answer, most people who responded gave multiple answers!
Thats a sign of a great company!
Its a shame they are no longer with us.
I agree. Alot of people mentioned the xlt as a favorite, but I don't recall seeing one mention of the dfx. Was this unit just a rebadge of the xlt ? I thought it had more advanced features than the xlt. True or not ?

Mark ( ohio )

Maybe the DFX wasn't their flagship??

This is from their 2019 catalog, nothing else to say... ;):):whites:

Spectra V3I Catalog.jpg

All eras of metal detecting had a flagship detector. I would say that the Whites Supreme V which was the first VLF detector deserves to be up there. once it was on the market. all of the other manufacturers clamored to develop their version of the VLF detector. which eventually became the VLF/TR.