Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

White's GMT opinion

I've never had a gold detector before but I've used many a coin machine. I have an offer to sell me a White's GMT. I'd like to get opinions on the machine from anybody who has actually used one.

I know it's no $3000 Minelab, but how does it compare with a Lobo SuperTraq, Goldstrike or others in it's range. How is the ground cancelling capability and Iron disc?

Thanks!

Hi Rich,
The GMT is an excellent gold machine. It was designed by Dave Johnson the same guy who designed the LST and has an improved auto ground tracking system over the Lobo. It also has manual ground balance if so desired which the Lobo doesn't which comes in handy in certain situations. Iron id is so-so, about as good as any but it is still better to dig all signals when hunting for gold because you just never know.

The ground cancelling is excellent. I've used mine over in Arizona in some really nasty ground and it does fine. A little noisy at times but quite usable. I usually find about half my nuggets with my GMT and half with my GPX. Regards, RD

Hey RD!
Just wanted to say hello, I looked for you out at your camp last time out.
Hope you are well,

coil.soiler.rich, you got your advice in the response above from someone who knows...

let us know if you get the GMT...

Hi David,
Haven't been out since the last time you saw me. I'm just waiting and organizing my gear for the long outing next month. Plan to hit the Azo outing, meet up with Potholes Bob and head for the California Potholes for a few weeks. Also plan to make the Gold Basin outing in April. Hope to see you guys at the Azo outing. RD

Rich,
If you don't have the GMT yet you can go to:
http://www.whiteselectronics.com/manualsw.php
and download the manual for it. RD

n/t