Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

whites gmt-

Hi- I have been metal detecting for years-I have 2 whites xlt's that we use-I have now ordered a gmt to use prospecting-Any info on success and settings will be appreciated-thanks-vatreasureseeker

Since all locations are different, especially gold locations, your best info will be in the manual......read it, read it, read it.

Many people have had great success with the GMT, you will too if you can just get it over some gold. THAT is the real problem.

Did I mention to read the manual?

I have a GMT and I use it for gold and meteorites, it works great for meteorites and I have not been out after gold with it yet.
Read the manual and get the DVD, lots of info in there.
Practice with it helps a lot, get to know the machine. The first gold I ever saw dug was dug with a GMT....the guy found a nugget I walked over with a goldbug....I did not know how to set my machine up...but the GMT sang out and found what I missed.......
Lot of luck hunting and remeber, it is not what you find but the hunt that makes the day..........

The White's GMT operates at 48 to 50 kHz depending on whether its an original Goldmaster II, V/SAT,III, 4B or the latest, the Goldmaster GMT.

Although White's designed the GMT to handle the changing conditions of gold nugget bearing ground, one can use it as a Relic Hunter, Coin & Jewelry Hunter in various ground conditions.

Take advantage of the Audio and Visual ID systems, very unique to the GMT indicating % of Ferrous versus Non-Ferrous.

Since the GMT is capable of hearing down to 1/10th of a grain with its standard 6x10 coil, head on over to the playground-Bark or Sand areas and find what others have missed, especially when it comes to elusive fine jewelry that 'other' detectors just can't see.

Of course, selectivity and efficiency is important so you have to make some adjustments to avoid digging the common trash... takes a little more work and above all, since your not using a regular audio discriminator, learn to listen more to the signal characteristics.