Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Whites IDX Pro Display

JJdigs

I picked up an IDX Pro, just love these machines. Well I noticed while testing it out that the Id display is not working properly. It shows nails, foil and nickels up where 25 cents should be. And a quarter reads down by foil and a penny reads near a nickel. It's like it backwards. I figure I would ask here before I open her up. Any input would be great. Thanks guys

Might try a different coil, just to make sure it's not an impedance mis-match...or a bad/wrong coil.

That's a typical symptom.

Under the USA sticker is a small hole. Below the hole is a micro pot which is the Ground balance adjustment.

Have you put it on all metal and checked the ground balance setting. If this is set wrong, all the ID's will be offset one way or another.

In all metal, lowering the coil to the groumd should not change the threshold. If it goes away as you lower it, the GB is too negative (the timy screw too far counter clockwise). If it increases, it's too positive (screw too far clockwise).

The ground balance was out of whack..tuned it and the Id was still off. Called Whites and they said it was a coil pro lem, the impedance is off... thanks guys trojdor you hit it on the head. And thanks little for telling me about the ground adjust that helped.

Well I did try another coil and same thing the Id is off....well instead of messing with it anymore I returned it to the auction site I got it from. It's too bad the machine was nice an clean.....oh well I'm sure another one will show up again !

Display upside down inside of housing