Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Whites M6 Beach Coil

Tarot

Hi Everyone

I hope I have posted this question in the correct section of the forum, being that the M6 is similar to the MXT.

I am just about to purchase a new M6, and am a little confused about suitable wet salt beach coils. The White

When on the beaches and open areas like fields that are not very "trashy" (target separation not being a big issue) , I really like and use the White's Super 12" coil on my MXT and have been VERY VERY impressed with its performance. Found lots of coins and other goodies. Everyone will have a preference based on their needs and experiences. For me, the Super 12 adds a little weight to the MD but provides lots of ground coverage and offers very good depth in the sand as I've found coins at 12" on the Florida beaches..... A little practice and pinpointing is easy. JMHO. Good luck. CCH

In my opinion, the stock coil was more stable in saltwater and beach conditions than the Excelerator 10" DD, just my 2 cents.

I agree with the 12" coil. I use this on the beaches here in Florida and can get both good coverage and depth. I only drawback is the weight of the coil. You get a workout swinging it for hours, but it does the job. I took out my 6x10 dd for the first time to the beach since it got it from whites and it is lighter and does a good job also. If you need the coverage per swing the 12 is a great choice. I have no problem pinpointing the coil especially on the beaches. Good luck. I plan on going to the UK next year with the wife for about 3 weeks and want to take the mxt.

I've had my m6 about 2.5 yrs now.
I detect beaches all over oahu using the M6 and 950 coil.
This machine is awesome the coil picks up the smallest gold.
pin headsize. Its amazing.!
I've thought about purchasing smaller coils,but the stock 950 has been getting the job done.
In wet sand just turn the sense down until machine is quiet. the 950 works fine.
you may lose some depth. but you still get good targets.
having a assortment of coils to use is cool,but if your budget doesn't call for it no sweat.
your 950 stock coil will do just fine.

Thanks to everyone who have posted a reply, the feedback has been very useful. I will hopefully get my new M6 next week, and I will initially just use it with the stock coil. I will try to pick up some additional coils after I get use to the machine, and decide which others I might need.

My first few outings will be at my local beach, and it was good to hear that the 950 coil will perform well. I will try and post some results and pics of my finds.

Regards Tarot (Bob)

BigFoot coil is tops for the beach. Very stable and it covers 18" with each swing. I don't think there's another coil that comes close to producing like the BigFoot. No longer manufactured but they can be found used. Be prepared to pay a premium for one, but they command the high prices because they produce results.

Jadesun said:
I detect beaches all over oahu using the M6 and 950 coil.
This machine is awesome the coil picks up the smallest gold.
pin headsize. Its amazing.!

Hi Jadesun

It's good to know that the 950 coil does a good job on the beach. I realize my next question depends on many factors, but what sort of depth have you found coin size objects in the wet sand, with the 950 coil.

Would also like to hear from other users of the 950 coil on the wet sand.

Regards Tarot (Bob)