Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Whites M6?

ridgerunner

I am going to buy a new Whites Detector in the near future, I am thinking about getting an M6. I have been away from detecting for a long time and dont know much about these new machines, is an m6 the machine to use for coinshooting in eastern ohio and also an occasional trip to the beaches in Florida, Also how good is the depth with an M6? I appreciate any help you can give. Thanks, Russ.

Definitely a good choice for the coin shooting with good depth. Add the 5.3 or 4X6shooter coil for trashy parks and the like. As to the beach, someone that's used one on the beach will have to add their two bits as I live a long way from the ocean.
BB

I think you'll really like the M6, this will be my second summer here in IN with mine. I've been very happy with the depth & easy pinpointing, I have the stock coil which is great in low trash areas a 5.3 which has very good depth & can easily cut through the trash and I just ordered a 6x8 SEF that I can't wait to use. The 6x8 is suppose to be every bit as good as white's 6x10 if not deeper and everyone here loves thier 6x10's, it will probably turn into my primary coil. You can't go wrong with the M6 or the MXT from what I've read, the M6 is just quieter & easier to use. Good luck.

The MXT would only be a better choice if you were prospecting. For coins/rings the M6 is better in some respects like due to it's multitones, and that's saying a lot because the MXT has a reputation as being a VERY good gold ring machine.

Hi ridgerunner,i've used mine on the beach with the stock 950 coil on the wet sand and it has performed really well.It's not the deepest detector on the market but it is still good and it has the added advantage of being quick in the trash.Overall it's a brilliant machine.

I used a MXT and got a M6 as a backup. Well lo and behold the M6 has turned into my primary detector (I mostly do coins/jewelry) due to silent search and multitones. I still take the MXT out to historical sites when I hit them as I think you get a little extra depth listening for changes in the threshold tone. The circuitry seems to be great for ground balancing on the fly, at least in the northeast. A great choice and you can usually find some used as well if that is an option (sometimes have warranties left on them). Just be prepared to get a DX-1 probe for it, they are an awesome pair for quick digs.......
Enjoy and HH
Steve in MA

It's a great machine and new or used they are a great bang for the buck .I think you will be very happy with it .:thumbup:

H H ,
George

I got my M6 just over a year ago and in 2009 it produced over 11,000 coins, not to mention 24 silver rings, one gold ring, one gold locket, and 18 silver coins including a Walking Liberty half and a '52 quarter.

I'm being more selective about my targets this year but it's a magnet for quarters. I've got a 6" x 10" coil and it just kills coins. You can't go wrong with an M6. Just fire it up, max it out as to how much noise you can stand, and start swinging. Dollar for dollar, you can't beat it.