Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

White's main forum

Don't know who or what OP is but I was responding to gwsears who made a comment about this site.

Times are a-changing so fast. My MX5 went outta date so I posted on the comparisons forum and found a few fellow users. So topic, model, and as much info as you can supply will usually find an answer as there are many qualified posters here.

chuck said:
Don't know who or what OP is but I was responding to gwsears who made a comment about this site.
OP is The "original poster", or the guy that asked the question that started the thread.
Jim

but it costs money to run these forums, and that is why Makers and sellers sponsor forums-to their specifications. They pay for ads everywhere, and its deductible as a
business expense--but ceased at Finds, the largest website for detectors?
They first agreed to buy and support forums here and then...........what happened? Are they in a downturn from sales?
If Whites does not continue to support their customers/users here, its their "wrath" you are feeling-- loyalty/support is a two way street. Some of the most dedicated users I know are Whites adherents
(including me--starting in the early 70's---I even dealt them. :whites:)
I thought it was boom times for manufacturers (some relatively new) as a lot of new models are being offered. It is a very competitive business and more than tweaking
existing models is required to entice customers.
(I have not kept up with Whites in general---any new top end or more competitive low/mid range designs?)

If I need to research an older detector, Whites, Tesoro, Nautilus, Troy Shadow, etc., all of which I own or have owned, on what site do I click?
On what site do you click?

g

For whatever reason there is no forum for the detectors that I listed. Do realize people researching different detectors
expect to find that info on a site such as this?
I understand for the manufacturers it’s a pay to play thing here but do
visits by the public seeking info count for anything? More hits, more value for the advertising dollar.

Remember Treasure Depot? Remember the heavy hand of the owner there?

g

Try among others (here): Beep & Dig, Main Comparison, Vintage & Metal Detecting Forum: ask your questions, or do a search using key words---and you can determine how far in the past to look.
Also visit NASA Tom, youtube or a google search: you will find other sites including in the UK (like Gary's) where there are many people hunting with older or brands rare here
like AKA, Nexus or others.
(Troy is around and can be reached at, troy3@airmail.com )

Nah, it really doesn't cost anything at all to run these forums. The web host service is just pennies.

vlad said:
but it costs money to run these forums, and that is why Makers and sellers sponsor forums-to their specifications. They pay for ads everywhere, and its deductible as a
business expense--but ceased at Finds, the largest website for detectors?
They first agreed to buy and support forums here and then...........what happened? Are they in a downturn from sales?
If Whites does not continue to support their customers/users here, its their "wrath" you are feeling-- loyalty/support is a two way street. Some of the most dedicated users I know are Whites adherents
(including me--starting in the early 70's---I even dealt them. :whites:)
I thought it was boom times for manufacturers (some relatively new) as a lot of new models are being offered. It is a very competitive business and more than tweaking
existing models is required to entice customers.
(I have not kept up with Whites in general---any new top end or more competitive low/mid range designs?)