Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Whites metal detectors

Albert

Anyone notice that some of the whites metal detectors and accessories are starting to go up in price and getting harder to find? For example the V3i. Not many listed you know where . There used to be lots of them new for sale . Looked today and only one used one . Expensive. The AA battery holders , crazy prices . Wonder if the whites detectors are going to become collectibles like trading cards .

I looked on the same place a while back and didn’t see any

I was looking for an additional TRX pointer, and price was over $200! don't seem to be any available.

Hi There. Good to see some users that still like their White machines.
I started out 20 years or so ago with a used MXT and still have it as well as a used GMT.
The only new machine I've bought is a V3i and I must admit I haven't been using it since I bought a used Equinox 800.
(is it wrong to say that here?)
Always have my TRX though when hunting and agree that it is a really great pin pointer.
Was thinking of selling the V3i but it really is a great detector and I think I would take such a huge hit on it that I might as well keep it.
Need to take it out and get reacquanted.

I have definitely noticed the shortage and increased prices of Whites products. I lucked out and purchased a NOS DFX and XLT from a dealer out of Nevada. i also purchased some NOS coils for the XLT. I already owned a XLT and DFX that I had won at a auction. Recently I added a Coinmaster 6000 DI/Pro from another auction that is in the process of recapping. i like the old analog and sounds of a vintage Whites. The problem with buying/keeping the detectors will be the absence of replacement parts that are common on the shelf. I have purchased some of the common needed parts for the coils, push pad screens, toggle switches.