Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Whites MX Sport first day out in heavy trash

Potomac run

Got my Sport yesterday to late to try it so i hit it first thing this morning in a spot that is heavy in small iron big iron and a lot of cans and stuff as it is close to a road and as far as people could throw a old can of beer or glass bottle it was there. hard spot to try a machine for sure. I got some info from a member and he said start in the prospecting and i did. it is a good one but with a new machine and all the trash i keep messing around in all of them and settled on Relic. This is what i found worked for me today,
I set VCO off.. SAT to 6 reject volume at 10 and sensitivity was about middle.. I tried to move it up but just made it run a little to crazy. Could it be the heavy trash? i dont know as of yet, so i left it half way. I hunted as slow as i could and got 5 shotgun shells and a big penny and this bullet that im not sure what it is. I think with a smaller coil it would be much better. the screen was going crazy from one thing then another, the bullet did say bullet but the big penny said buckle. I like it so fare. I have a Deus and had hunted in the same place before with 11 inch coil and dug nothing.. but walked in a different way. got to hunt so slow in that trash for sure. Let me know what other way would be to set it up to relic hunt.. thanks for looking ..
curtis

Nice Largie...congrats

Great finds!
In heavy trash with the mxs you need to slow way down. A biaxel coil would have been a better choice for Whites to include as stock in my opinion. I've found that sensitivity needs to be dialed back a bit or it sounds of on everything. It'll hit big objects hard!

Very nice Curtis!

Fantastic finds! What a way to break in the MX Sport!

Congrats!
Paul

Way to go. So far I am finding I can run the sensitivity lower than what I am used to on the MX5 and still get good results. Salt water has been tricky so far, only able to run 4 to 5 on the sensitivity, Tried running all metal and adding salt to the program. Works but beach seems to work a little better so far. Found a silver ring today in Cartagena Colombia on the beach. Was not at the beach 20 minutes and found it in swallow water. Locals all stand around and scratch their heads, seems no one uses metal detectors here. Must be too busy looking at the bikinis.