Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Whites MX7 ??

Rick(ND)

I am looking at the MX7 for my wife as she uses a MXT and does OK with it, but it is a bit heavy for her so I am thinking on a MX7 for her. I heard the MX sport was having some problem a while ago and understand the MX7 is basically a MX Sport that is not waterproof.
Want to see what others think of this and when is the MX7 going to be out as I dont think it is. I know I got until spring as we are in our winter, but like to do my checking now before I need it.

Thanks for any info
Rick

Hi Rick,

My wife uses the MX5 and it's probably close to the same weight as the MX7. She loves it and uses 2 tones all the time.

Thx..

From the White's website: https://www.whiteselectronics.com/product/mx7/?lang=us

I have an MX Sport and love it. Yes, they had some issues early on but White's being the industry standard in supporting their products, corrected the problems as would be expected. If the MX7 runs like the Sport on land, it will be a very good detector. I can only speak from my experience and hunting in Ohio soil, I have only had the sensitivity set on 4, sometimes 5 and have hit some deep coins. BTW , sensitivity goes to 10!:surprised:. I really like the reject volume feature which I believe is also on the MX7.
I have owned a couple of White's detectors through the years, namely the DFX an an MXT Pro, so I am somewhat familiar with the MXT language.
I think your wife will like the MX7. Good luck:thumbup: Let us know.

The early problems were with the MX Sport software but they are ironed out now. I use an MXT that I absolutely love. It speaks a language that just clicks with me and is very intuitive. The MX7, which I have not used, is based on the MXT "guts," the same DNA, so it should be very similar to the MXT in the way it works and its performance. It's even the identical frequency (13.8 kHz). I also have a V3i, which is a fun detector to experiment with, but my serious hunting, especially permissions where I have limited time and just need results, I use the MXT.

So if your wife likes the MXT but it's heavy, then the MX7 should be perfect for her. From everything I've heard and read, it's basically a lighter upgraded MXT. Again, that's not having actually used one myself, but from all indications, it should be a very solid performer, especially for the price.

ramairnut said:
From the White's website: https://www.whiteselectronics.com/product/mx7/?lang=us

I have an MX Sport and love it. Yes, they had some issues early on but White's being the industry standard in supporting their products, corrected the problems as would be expected. If the MX7 runs like the Sport on land, it will be a very good detector. I can only speak from my experience and hunting in Ohio soil, I have only had the sensitivity set on 4, sometimes 5 and have hit some deep coins. BTW , sensitivity goes to 10!:surprised:. I really like the reject volume feature which I believe is also on the MX7.
I have owned a couple of White's detectors through the years, namely the DFX an an MXT Pro, so I am somewhat familiar with the MXT language.
I think your wife will like the MX7. Good luck:thumbup: Let us know.

I went to the link you provided and noticed the face enlarged on the MX7. It shows gold anywhere from -40 all the way to +80. I wonder if that is the case also on my V3i?

I have the mx sport, wishing it was the mx5. more coils