Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Whites QXT Pro questions

TC-NM

I have a chance in purchasing a used Quantum XT Pro in pretty good shape w/950 coil. I can pick it up for just under 200 bucks if I choose. I run a XL Pro that has the same operating freq. (6.592 kHz.). XL Pro utilizing a 4-filter design vs. 2-filter design on the QXT. Which would be better for swing or coil sweep? Is this detector the digital version of my XL Pro? More bling or what? I don't think that Whites sold many of these because I never see any for sale. Does the XLT do a better job?

Any comments or criticisms would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

TC-NM

I think the Quantums were undervalued. However, the XLT represents the epitome of the digital display 6.5 kHz machines. If I had to choose, I'd go with the XLT.

Sure, I see where you're coming from, but for 200 bucks, you can't beat it.

a4wdguy said:
I think the Quantums were undervalued. However, the XLT represents the epitome of the digital display 6.5 kHz machines. If I had to choose, I'd go with the XLT.

The QXT was one of my better machines until I got the AT Pro...it is different from a lot of detectors, as you have to develope your ears to understand what it is telling you...Once you learn the language, it is sweet nothings in your ear all day...

HH,

i have been using my QXTfor years and i have hit close to 200 pieces of silver with it upt to depths of 8.5 inches i would snag that for that price. it really does a fine job at Id ing targets . once you have it set up right i just listen to those high pitch peeps it makes.go for it you wont be disapointed.

You should see the detector junk my local Craigslist wants 200 bucks for...
The QXT is far better than what I see...

The QXT Pro actually had better technology than the XLT...it came out after the XLT, but because the XLT cost more, and dealers made more money on it, it was pushed harder than the QXT...Those who owned them loved them and held on to them...Why you do not see many up for sale even today...

HH.