Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Whites setting.

Hammered Again

Hi all,I am new to whites metal detectors,but over the years I have read a lot about them on this forum and found it very informative,i now own a xlt and a dfx,i am sure that I read here somewhen in the past that there is a way of setting one of them up so you get just a low tone for iron and a high tone for everything else.Any help would be most greatfully received.Thanks.

Hi Hammered, I think that is on the MXT in relic mode with trigger forward. I don,t know if the DFX has this or not. Look in your manual or look at manuals on Whites web. Good luck Flintstone

The MXT in relic mode and prospecting mode both give an iron "grunt".
With the DFX you can set your tones any way you like them.......
Read the manual it should explain all this in enough detail to set things up...:detecting:

An MXT & MXT Pro will give a low tone for Iron and a high tone for non-ferrous targets in one of the Relic search modes. A V3i can be adjusted to signal the same way.

The Discrimination on an XLT, DFX and VX3 can be set so that signals will be heard for non-ferrous targets with mostly silence for iron targets. The non-ferrous signals can be set to a single tone or to a multi-tone ID.

Hope this helps.
Bob