Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

WHITES SILVER EAGLE

NO………

I did not mean to imply it wasn't a decent older model detector.. I just answered your question. It is not better than the xlt and was an earlier release in the Whites line.
It uses c batteries.

The Eagle was a very stripped down Eagle Spectrum. Stripped down so much,that some considered it a digital based 6000 Di Pro SL.

the 6000 Pro XL that had a name change to XL Pro. Models before the XLT didn't come close to offering the balance, features and performance of the XLT, and the only creation after the XLT was the 6000 Pro XL / XL Pro. That gave consumers a choice between an very good digitally-based LCD display model and one of the best -ever- needle-meter display analog models.

Offerings before those two, and most that followed in then so-called "four filter" category, fell short of these two. I have owned a lot of XLT's since '94 often parting with one to try something new. Then I had to track down another XLT. In January I added another XLT back into my 'Detector Team' and this one, XLT #30 for me, is staying until I can no longer get out detecting.

You're wise in keeping your XLT. Just rely on it and any other makes and models that can complement it for a variety of tasks.

Monte

Thank you Sir for all the time you spend answering questions....stating facts about detectors, and your take on how they work.

You Sir are much appreciated. In a word...Your "Awesome".

Then the 5900 Di Pro SL and in the latest "CB" version, this configuration would be the pinnacle of the 4 filter circuit. This machine needs a fast to moderate sweep speed or you will lose depth if it is swept slow like a 2 filter machine. By using a smaller concentric coil (6½") like the early BlueMax 600, 5.3 BlackMax or the current 5.3 BullsEye coil and the Signal Balance set hotter than the pre set mark {> on the dial......you can actually slow the sweep speed way down. Not IDX Pro slow but at a comfortable moderate speed. Set this way the coil may also be swept at the normal,,, faster speed so that you can cover more ground if operating in a less targeted area of the hunt site !

Edit: the above description is when using the G.E.B./ Disc mode, which is my primary search mode. I also use the G.E.B. S.A.T. mode in less targeted areas and then switch to Disc. mode to check the target out.