Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Whites SST

pitcher

Took my new Whites SST out today and found a few nice things, Gold ring 14k with3 diamonds, VDI was dead Zinc penny 4" deep, Buffalo no date 6" VDI was 20-21, 5" or so, Wheat penny 1955, VDI was 72, 6 to 7" deep, Using the 6x10DD coil

:cheers: Awsome day love the gold what was the weight? Im really enjoying my SST as well fun little machine for those who like to hear it all.
I picked up the Sef 6x8 and it seems faster as well as tighter than the 6x10 you might want to check one out!

HH
Jim

Thanks godigt, Im not sure of the weight yet but will have it checked out, it feels about the same as a class ring I found this year, a couple questions on your SEF coil, do you get better depth? what do they cost and where did you get?

Thanks

WTG....... :cheers: That's why you dig the zinc range, as The larger Heavy set Rings fall in or around The Zinc Range :cheers:

I had the MXT PRO but I sold it, great machine for sure but the SST is lighter for me and it works great, I never use any DISC or notch on any of my metal detectors so the SST is set just right for me.
I,ve read so many posts by Monte on the M6 and I know the SST is pretty close to it and I got it new for a great price, alot less than the M6 cost.

Hey Pitcher,
I haven't had time to do any depth test yet, I just got back home to Tahoe and will hopefully find time soon after the little snow we just got melts. I will compare to the 6x10 as that's the stock coil, but it doesn't seem like a depth monster about 6 to 8 inches on coins with good Id in the right soil.
But on the SST you cant run the coil at preset gain as it overdrives it and you start loosing target accuracy. Allot of false iron reports. But that is also where it shines as a jewelry hunter. It has very good sensitivity and separation when ran stable feels cleaner on the audio response. When I'm in a open area hunting micro jewelry like a sled run and the trash is limited You can overdrive the coil so much it really boosts sens to small items like earrings but you have to be right on them as its a hair line window of detection that seems to only run about 4 inches down the center line of the coil. very nice separation. then when something hits I back down and check it. Some of these areas are very clean of targets so you can hunt this way.

I wont be putting the stock coil back on other than for tests that how much I like it for my type of hunting!

HH
Jim. '

Hey godigit, do you feel the 6x8 sef coil is working better for you than the stock 6x10? I,ve read where some guys are getting better depth with 6x8

pitcher said:
Hey godigit, do you feel the 6x8 sef coil is working better for you than the stock 6x10? I've read where some guys are getting better depth with 6x8
Hey Pitcher,
For me YES but I am not looking at depth necessarily, by that I mean coin sized objects. It seems to have better depth and sensitivity to small objects. It will hit smaller foil at faster sweeps than the stock coil. Why is that good? It hits small gold too better than the stock coil not that it does too shabby its just a little big for me. I had read some good recommendations on this coil for the Mxt and they were right at least for me. I like that I can over drive it allot a real lot.:clap:

HH
Jim

Phillip_in_NM said:
I don't see the White's SST listed at the White's website or KellyCo. What is it?

OK, now I see it.... Sierra Super Traq

Looks like a three tone M6 without a discrimination knob on the videos. Manual online at White's says it has seven tones.

Which is it? 3 tones or 7 tones?

It has says 7 tones but so far I can only hear 3, no big deal to me because the 3 tones I hear are what I,m looking for anyway, I talked to Jimmy today about the SST, he told it was made for people who want to hunt and not spend all day playing with nobs, buttons and touch screens and thats what I,ve been looking for.
It has plenty of power and is alot lighter than my MXT PRO so its alot better on this old guys shoulder, my problem is if a detector a bunch of settings I can change I cant stop myself from doing it, with this machine you turn it on, do the GB, set the Gain and hunt and so far its working out really well for me, I have ears I dont need a setting to tell me when a target is trash or when its good.
I have 3 other detectors that I spent alot on that I will be selling, I,m going back to using my eyes and ears like the good old days, it all comes down to what your willing to dig.

I'm a Tesoro guy and this SST is really getting my attention. Really like what I hear about it. Has anybody air tested clad coins to see the depth potential of this is? I like the idea of hunting all metal and using the tones to determine if I have a good target. Most of the areas I hunt are trashy with pulltabs and bottle caps, and I mean real trashy. Does this detector have great target separation and how would it do in this scenario? The soil I detect in is really mild so thing should have some amazing depth. Sound like it might be just what I am looking for and has a great price point too.

I took my SST to a really trashy park today with the 4x6 coil and was very happy with the seperation and how hard it hit on good targets, didnt find any old coins but I did pick up five bucks or so in clad and one small silver ring, never did any air test on it or any of my detectors, just dont see the point, once the coil hits the ground the air test dont mean nothing.
As far as depth using the 6x10 DD coil I have hit dimes and copper pennies at 7" with no problem.
Hope that helps out some.

Pitcher

Can you still get one of these if you don't live in Jimmy Sierra's territory?

I am in Wisconsin. Let me know what he says. Thanks!