Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Whites Super 12" coil

EROK

Looking to sink some money in a larger coil. I have asked about the 18" excellerator coil. Most say it is too heavy. What about the Super 12? Is it as good or different than the Excellerator? Please help me decide what coil to get!!

Thanks, Eric Redmon

Haven't used either, but have a super 12 ordered. The 18" would seem likely to be excessively heavy to me. Over all, in my personal experience and preferences, I've found that the standard and smaller coils are more user friendly (swinging weight) and more useful for 90% of my hunting. Seems like separating goodies from the trash is generally more useful to me than coverage or depth. I like to have a larger coil available for the few times I either need more ground coverage or am hunting an area where the extra depth is desirable. Also, consider that larger coils are more clumsy around brush, playground equipment, tall grass etc. My two bits.
HH
Bill

I don't think you'll be disappointed with a Spider 12". I'm happy with mine so far. Only used it three times so far (I don't get out to detect very often due to job and family obligations), but the three times I was using it, I had no complaints at all with it. I enjoy the ability to cover more ground with it and it's light enough to use for many hours without fatigue.

I've had one for a year, and have used it a few times as well as done some extensive air testing with it. As far as depth goes, I can see very little difference - maybe an inch at best on a coin/button. Mine also sounds a little noisy and does not have that smooth threshold that I get with the stock coil. However, it is light and pinpoints OK, but overall I don't think it was worth the money. Actually, I really don't have much use for a coil like this unless I occasionally need a little extra depth at a site that has mostly deep targets. But unless I can get 3-4" more, I feel like I'm wasting my time. If I could find a coil that could get that extra depth when needed, I would definitely trade mine out. Good luck Eric.

I had a Super 12 on my MXT for a short time, (2 months).For me it was way too noisy. I guess it would be useful if a person wants to cover a lot of ground fast. However, we hunt old deserted ranches and the name of the game, 'is slow and slower' Actually I won the Super 12, so it didn't hurt my feelings to get rid of it..

I got it and immediately went to a site i found and had hunted it with my 6x10 coil, so i knew if i made any bullet finds they would be deep. My first 4 targets were 36 caliber teardrops at 8 to 10 inch range. I got another signal and thinking it was another teardrop i was surprised to find a 1899 Barber Qtr. The hole was deeper than my off set handled digging tool is tall, so that's about 12 inches. I am not sure how anyone else hunt's with reguard to the relic setting but i hunt with the trigger center, i dug all of these with just a faint signal but the vdi was usually good. When in a trashy area i have better luck with the trigger forward. Next I decided to try a local city park that has been hunted for years, I was thinking i could get some deep lead that others may have missed. I dug a 69 caliber 3 ringer at about 10 inches.My buddy and I have dug several deep 69's since as well. I guess i am a believer now.