Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!



Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Whites surfmaster PI DF - How to disassemble headphone?

floridaGuy

New member
Was replacing broken rubber sliders, instead of pushing the old slider into the headphone, I tried threading a screw into it and removing it with vicegrips. The first time the screw tore out, so I tried threading it deeper but accidentally applied pressure which caused screw+rubber barb to fall into the headset and now it's rattling around in there.
Is there a way to disassemble the ear cup? It looks like it's press fit in place and was curious if there was certain area to pry at etc.
Attached is a picture of the earphone (with foam ear pad removed) also a pic of the controlbox to illustrate what unit i'm talking about.
I've asked around a few places and am searching in the mean time. I'll update if I figure it out in the mean time.
Thanks for your time gentlemen.
 

Attachments

  • surfPI_DF_Headphone.jpg
    surfPI_DF_Headphone.jpg
    347.8 KB · Views: 15
  • surfPI_DF.jpg
    surfPI_DF.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 15

floridaGuy

New member
Update: Problem solved

I used a small blade screwdriver to create a gap so that I could insert a slighter wider blade screw driver. I then gently rotated the blade left to right to twist apart the housing a bit. I removed blade and re-inserted along the seam and repeated until the adhesive broke free a bit. I could then spread the housing enough to allow the old barb to fall out. I didn't have to completely separate the housing, the top side adhesive is still intact, everything snaps back together tight and I cannot pull it apart by hand once I snapped it back together.
I did this to the other headphone as well just so I wouldn't have a barb kicking around inside making noise.

Attached pics, one showing the process and the other of the completed job. I think I routed the cables back to match the stock configuration, let me know if it looks wrong.

Cheers
 

Attachments

  • surfPI_DF_headphone_disassembly.jpg
    surfPI_DF_headphone_disassembly.jpg
    398.3 KB · Views: 16
  • surfPI_DF_headphone_reassembled.jpg
    surfPI_DF_headphone_reassembled.jpg
    721.4 KB · Views: 16
Top