Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

White's Surfmaster PI vs. PI Pro

Hello everybody. I've been trying to determine the main difference between a Surfmaster PI and the newer PI "Pro".

I just grabbed an older PI on ebay and I was looking to download a manual from White's. So far I have only found the manual for the PI Pro.

I have a White's 5900/Di Pro SL that has served me well, but I have gotten the beach-hunting fever. It doesn't perform well in the wet sand, so I have been keeping my eyes open for a good deal on either the Minelab Excal or a White's PI. The White's popped up first, so I will be trying to learn as much as I can about the PI technology.

Thanks in advance.

There is quite a difference between the Surfmaster PI & the Pro version.

The pulse delay is faster on the Pro. The Pulse delay control has been removed & replaced by a gain control. They were circuit changes done to the Pro to improve on it's sensitivity toward low conductive items such as gold jewelry.

If you click on this link it will take you to my Surfmaster modification page, explaining the changes I do to raise the standard Surf.PI to Pro standards. http://www.surfscanner.com/Surfscan3/SurfmasterPge.html

Mr. Bill

i CAN VOUCH FOR mR bILLS WORK - TOP NOTCH.

Well I did find the user manual for the Surf PI on White's page.

Now I have a question: I finally got a chance to take the detector out in my backyard to try it out (been raining all week), now it says to set the threshold, but all I get is a tone that is surging, not a steady tone. Is this the nature of the PI or should I change the batteries? -Maybe I am getting electrical interference?

Seems to be working otherwise, I can sweep and pick up targets, it just doesn't have the steady threshold I would expect.

Thanks.