Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Whites TDI accessories, etc.

ScottTX

Anyone know where to find White's TDI accessories?

The White's site is virtually devoid of stuff for the TDI. What I need is a weather cover for the control box.

I've ordered the only one they sell, maybe it will fit the TDI. Not sure!

White's info is very spotty when it comes to the TDI. None of their charts include it. It's only found under Gold Prospecting.

Seems like they treat one of their 'premier' detectors like a step child to the V3.

If you're looking for accessory coils then you can look at any of the Minelab GPX coils or the Jimmy Sierra TDI coil. White's does make a 7.5. If you're looking for a cover then you'll need to find one that fits the old SL series or have one custom made. Quite honestly, I haven't found where accessories are really necessary for the TDI unless you want a bigger coil. The 12" seems to do a great job and makes the machine well balanced. Just my opinion.

IDig, take a trip to Value Village or the Sally-Anne and head to the bags and purses department and look for a nylon lunch box or a handy cam style bag.
Careful now... those little old lady bargain hunters can get a little aggressive, watch for elbows and the like! I bare the scars , paid my dues! Heaven help you if you find a Gucci! Heed my warning son, live long and prosper!
The one I found that has little pouches to hold the extra battery and charger.It had a flap fold over like a lap top bag and has a shoulder strap but I'm sewing on a belt for a hip mount configuration. You could just use the shoulder strap or even cut a hole in the bottom of the bag and stem mount it, if you wish.
The wide nylon web quick clip belt was found at a Dollar Store sold as an adjustable luggage strap. It is just like Garrett's XL500 hip-mount belt. Totaled $7.00 plus needle and thread.:wiggle:

Funny the other male shoppers in the store commented how lucky I was to find the TDI here, when I was trial fitting it for the bag! The sales lady ringing up the sale was confounded why the price was so cheap (I left the TDI in the bag):rofl:

PennyFinder

I made a nice neat pouch out of black 7mm dive suit material. A piece 500mm x 400mm is any amount big enough and costs very little. Just cut and glue ( I used contact glue ) to shape the control box, put holes in for the coil cable and earphone and you are done. I don't care what the pouch looks like as long as it protects the control box. Aahh!! todays finds were some world war II 303 spent shells dated 1941 and 1942.
Good hunting.

Earthsea, now that's a good idea! Congrats on the 303 shells, where did you find them? On the headstamp you can find out which factory made them in WWII.
I've dug up a half a dozen live ones before, kind of a kewl find.

Steve Herschbach is currently working on a waterproof Pelican case for his TDI for winter surf hunting in Hawaii holidays, wonder how he made out?

Here is a belt mount I did for my Garrett Scorpion in one of an earlier posts earthsea and I had made. Scroll down to the bottom of the page.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?32,999025,1002738#msg-1002738

PennyFinder

Hi PennyFinder, I found the shells about 8" in salty estuary mud, The head stamps on two out of the eight were clear and one read; MH 1941 IIV and the other MF 1941 IIV . Seems like the bullets were made in two different factories in Australia. ( I live in Golden Bay at the top of the south Island in New Zealand )
I also found that day about 1/2 Kg of copper nails and bits of iron, ( My target conductivity toggle was set to all. ) All in one Small area making me think that it was the remains of a small clinker dingy that had been burnt there many years ago. The web site below could be handy for any one wanting to identify 303 shell head stamps.
http://193.172.46.91/cartridges_headstamps.html
Good hunting.