Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

White's TDI SL

White's TDI SL is one of the best detectors on the market today and so underrated. A pulse machine that can be used in trashy parks to look for coins only without picking up all kinds of pull tabs, rusted bottle caps, foil, and nails, if they are parallel to the ground. Its a machine that excels in high mineralization when looking for small nuggets, or coins. I was hesitant in buy a pulse machine after hearing horror story about them liking Iron. I bought one, and am glad I made the purchase.

The TDI Pro,which was killed by whites,was/is the best PI detector . More powerful than the SL and the Hi/Low/All selection allows a form of discrimination. I quit using my 2 ML pulse detectors in favor of the TDI Pro and have never looked back.
I was told by whites social media guy that"TDI Pro was "old technology"----Well, where is the NEW TECHNOLOGY???

I have the sl and an atx. Atx is much deeper but weighs a ton. The Garrett harness is a joke. Iron check basically only works when the target is sitting out of the hole. But it's much deeper

Here's some new technology.

Alexandre Tattar in France has studied PI's for 10 years and designed prototype detectors which do amazing stuff. It must be legit, First Texas (Fisher) hired him, acquiring rights to his technology.

This video shows a Manta PI prototype at the beach in France, nevermind that it's all in French - it is clear that they demonstrate all-metal, two kinds of iron discrimination and detecting a gold ring in both modes of iron discrim. They go on to detect the ring under the iron and under thick black ferrous volcanic sand. At about 18 minutes in, they put a mens ring down 16" and get a solid return with and without iron discrim.

It's a prototype, but Fisher has confirmed that they will be developing production PI machines based on further developments of this technology.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G8sdp4RG73g&feature=youtu.be

lytle78 said:
Here's some new technology.

Alexandre Tattar in France has studied PI's for 10 years and designed prototype detectors which do amazing stuff. It must be legit, First Texas (Fisher) hired him, acquiring rights to his technology.

This video shows a Manta PI prototype at the beach in France, nevermind that it's all in French - it is clear that they demonstrate all-metal, two kinds of iron discrimination and detecting a gold ring in both modes of iron discrim. They go on to detect the ring under the iron and under thick black ferrous volcanic sand. At about 18 minutes in, they put a mens ring down 16" and get a solid return with and without iron discrim.

It's a prototype, but Fisher has confirmed that they will be developing production PI machines based on further developments of this technology.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G8sdp4RG73g&feature=youtu.be

Some good info Rick--hopefully they will hurry and get a deeeeep PI unit out---must have an internal battery--don't like to be wrapped in cables as per ML.

I am a total fan of the TDI Pro,ine was possibly the last one shipped over to the UK and is dated 2015 in the battery box,the main reason they stopped shipping the Pro version was because of the limit of shipping them with the batteries that are made for them,which is a shame but that was mainly the death knell for the Pro,the 'sl' version is still a good machine,but the main reason i personally dont like it is the 'S' shaped shaft,have never really like those old style shafts but Whites as a whole have produces some of the nicest shaft setups going with say the DFX/MXT and all allied variations and are a real enjoy too swing all day long.

Have about 10 coils for the Pro from the 7.5DF right upto a humongous 20'' Grande Sierra mono,but my favourite 2 coils are the 10x6 MJ folded mono and the Coiltek 14x9 Mono that was made for the GPX range of detector,both of these coils account for about 98% use on the TDI.

When used in low conductivity only and about 15Us i can almost knock out all iron on my permission/s and just seek the targets that i am after which are mainly silver hammered coins and roman coinage,works really well and the ability of using the high/low conductivity is the secret weapon of this detector,i have owned a GPX but sold it and kept hold of the TDI Pro,Whites did produce a very nice machine and in my mind very underrated,may not keep up with the latest nugget hunting machines but i dont nugget hunt,it does exactly what i want from relic/hoard hunting and that is what i keep it for.

Must admit i will say that the stock coil choice ie 12'' DF is not the best option for this machine,both of my 7.5'' and 12'' DF have basically never been used gathering dust,but wont part with them,the Oz 12'' Mono coil would have suited my needs much better,but Whites obviously know better hence the reason they included it as the stock coil,but its not what i like,thank god the GPX range of coils works on the TDI machines.