Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Whites TDI

Nuke em

Hi all,
I am thinking of buying a Whites TDI SL , I need to find out what anyone who has one thinks of it ? If they use it on sandy beaches and what depth they get ?
I did have the old TDI in the past but never got around to using it back then but times are changing and i need to get into sand searching for the Gold now more coinage
is going to Iron core and people are paying more with cards and other cashless means.
I live in the UK so beaches here are most likely different here to the US beaches.

Its not being used above "plums" depth so waterproof isn't needed .

Thanks

Richard

Hmmmm...no replies to your Q...would have thought someone would have chimed in?

Maybe ask again on a different section.

I'll ask a guy to contact you as he's big into his TDI for wet sand searching.

Des D

It should be similar to the TDI, which I have, and deeeeeeeep! Freshwater hunting, in areas where I'm not concerned with getting silver (and in heavily mineralized ground), I find my cash/trash ratio to be about the same as with a VLF, tho of different composition.

Thanks Des and Sneakyweasel .

Also wondering what the voltage of the battery is in the SL . The one in the older TDI's was 14.4 v but not sure of the SL.

Hello,

I have a TDI SL, I waterproofed it and I'm using it down to neck deep sea water.

The machine is awsome and far better than my (now backup) Surfmaster DF. I'm running the SL at 4S (14.8 V) and , so far, it gave no problems.

Digging depth is, sometimes, scary!

Cheers
Lucar

How are you using 14.8 v . The machine is 12v . Only the older version and Pro are 14.4 v ??

I have decided to postpone any order for now.Too much money going out right now.

i built a battery pack with 4 lipo batteries in series. It turns out that the maximum voltage the TDI sl can handle is 16v, so a 4S battery pack is ok. Anyway this is a modification that anyone does at its own risk.
Lucar

lucar said:
i built a battery pack with 4 lipo batteries in series. It turns out that the maximum voltage the TDI sl can handle is 16v, so a 4S battery pack is ok. Anyway this is a modification that anyone does at its own risk.
Lucar

Yep, lipos are prone to exploding very dangerous batteries. Have seen them catch fire in airsoft guns before.

@Nuke em,i use the TDI Pro although never used it on the beach yet but had planned on using it behind the 'pump station' that you are aware of but as the club has finnished then that wont happen,but also use a 14x9Coiltek,15x12 Minelab commander mono,18'' Detech mono and a 20'' Mono on the TDI.As a result of possibly battery concerns i also bought another new battery pack a few months back from Detecniks,so that should keep me going for a very long time.

Not sure if Martin still uses a TDI sl ?? think the last time he mentioned he still uses one for the beach.

The club is no longer but i have been told that M uses the land for his own ends or maybe a select few ? But thats history to me .
M has moved up to the Wash area and is holding hands with D these days i have been told but thats nothing new is it ?.

Martin sold his TDI and Deus and Racer and Eagle Spectrum to pay for a car that he needed .
He uses an Explorer xs , Explorer 11 and 2 x Sovereign Elite's . All he needs i think .

Sounds like those days of 'Noahs Ark' 2 of everything with Martin are a thing of the past,was speaking with D last night and you are correct he had been out with M but only on a one day dig,if M does start up again it will be in his new location and not around 3C's :)

Oh well . Its too far for me even if i could go. I get lots of clashing info all over the place about M and D.