Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Whites TDI

Jessgo33

Just Purchased a Whites TDI SI and a Coiltek 6 inch mono. Pretty excited to be hunting bed rock. And a lithium battery. Anyone use a modified battery for there detector? Any complications?

Just make sure your charger has a voltage readout and stop charging each battery at 3.7 or so volts. Hopefully you got high quality batteries like Panasonic, etc. Those Coiltek TDI coils are excellent.

Jeff

I have an adjustable output charger....basically, a buck converter. I generally set the voltage at 16, or 4.0 volts/cell. The SL tolerates that fine. I have gone as high as 16.8 which is the standard max charge voltage for a 4-cell li-ion pack, with no problems for the detector. Carl Moreland says the SL can handle up to 18v with no problems. Limiting the pack to 16v gives the pack a longer life....can double the number of charge/discharge cycles.
Jim

It is a simple wall charger and it is light indicated to tell you when its fully charged. I added it to my purchase. I just needed something more than 5 hrs of life. I got my detector last week and really do love it. Jim do you prospect in Idaho at all?

Yes....LOL, but I've never found any gold. No detectable gold in my part of Idaho....just flour gold in the river. But I enjoy the outdoors, and don't mind bucking the odds as I keep prospecting in my part of Idaho.
Jim

whear did you get the 6" mono coil at ?

I believe Serious Detectors is where i got it at. I also think Robs Detectors in Arizona has them. The one i got is designed for the TDI. I need to get a bigger coil now. I am looking at a 14x9 Nugget finder.