Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

White's Two Product Rollout

poorman

Found this on a White's Web Site...Quote..."Very close to a Rollout of two long term R&D Projects"....Very interesting. This was part of an advertisement for an Engineer Needed at the White's factory. Hmmmmmm...Very interesting....

very interesting indeed!..hint hint!

(h.h!)
j.t.

It looks like they did all the R&D to offer 2 existing machines with a black matte finish, the 12 " coil and a bullseye pinpointer for $100 more?

Sounds like theres a couple of new projects on the drawing board for the future... Its about time..
They will be 60 years old in 2010 , Maybe an anniversary release. On second thought it will probably take longer to go from new R&D project to distribution.. This should be interesting, thanks for the info..

I hope not. I'm hoping it's a bigger project than that. I'll give them until late spring, and then I'm buying a new machine from someone else. I'm not getting any younger and more and more people are hunting these days. It's time for a new machine, not a new decal!

:cool: I could not agree with you more. As many of you know I have been a true blue Whites fan for many years but now I must re-think things.:unsure: I was very disappointed with the M6 and Prisms both ( especially the Prisms with no coil option.) All my Whites detectors run at 6.59 khz and when they keep changing the frequencies every time they build a new unit my present accessory coils are useless on the new models.:rage: I like a detector company to stick with the basics as much as possible. This would mean having a standard frequency for the coin & jewelry machines and a standard frequency for the gold and water machines. Also I like a company to build their detectors in a "series" example: classic I, classic II, classic III etc. They called the Matrix M6 a "series", but there was only one made so it is not really a "series".:rolleyes: They should seriously look at the competion. Many companies are offering units at LOWER prices not HIGHER prices. Look at detectors on Ebay. The old favorites like the Spectrums & Pro Series are selling at ridiculously high prices. Why?:shrug: Because hobbyists do not want anything in the present lineup! I would have to agree with the last post. If Whites don't change things fast,... then I am going to sell all my Whites stuff and go with another company.:wiggle: It just looks and feels like something is wrong and my patience is growing thin. I know I am not the only detectorist that feels this way.:chase: It is just good common sense. Thanks for listen'in. Happy Hunting, DF.

i really think you will see a roll out of a NEW detector sometime this spring!..the time to market something is nigh upon us!

(h.h!)
j.t.

I'm a newby, you're scaring me! I have heard many good things about Whites products and customer service. I am considering the DFX 300 as it seems easy to use. I do see it is basically the same as the regular DFX. I only want one real good multi purpose detector to start and I see the DFX has the most frequency range of the Whites models. I did want the PI Pro but I live inland and beach hunting will only be long trips. So I figured start with a good multi purpose.

They are top of the line..I think what everyone is saying is this..everyone expected total new models this year..and it looks as if this is not going to happen..What Whites has offered so far is their quality models now in existence, and they added a larger coil( More Depth)..which is what we all want.
They changed the name slightly DFX300 MXT300 etc etc 300 meaning 300 mm coil..The standard was 9.5" coil and now it's 12 Inches for the standard..most likely about 20% more depth.......and then you purchase a small coil extra like now for trash areas....Rest assured Whites detectors, and their service, is, has been, and will be." top quality"...and I am not a dealer, nor do I work for Whites.. Hope that clears up your concern......You will be pleased.....

n/t

Thanks Elton, I appreciate your post. I have been reading many posts from a few forums and asking questions. I read where one person has waited weeks for a return of a higher end MD and still had issues, then I read many positive posts about Whites customer service. Years back I had a few Bounty Hunters even their high end model but never really did well and technology has surged a lot since. I initially was thinking of the Garrett GTI 2500 Pro as it comes with two coils but as I kept reading it seems more people are using a Whites. I just wish they offered the second coil with the DFX 300. What size coil would you suggest for tighter areas or do they only have the two? Again, appreciate the post!

:cool: Hi Elton, I have decided that I am going to wait until this summer. If Whites has not produced something that I want then I will figure on selling some of my stuff at that time. Thanks ( and you are NOT a jerk ! ) Happy Hunting! DF:detecting::whites:

They have DD 6" coils, 5.3 (My favorite) 8" and even larger coils... The 5.3 works really well in trash and it has decent depth for a small coil.

Well I appreciate you knowing I wasn't being a jerk..I just would like to buy some of your stuff if you change over..I also did try some different detectors..but the truth is the only other ones I really liked at all was the Xterra series by Minelab..I have gone back to Whites with another XLt, Classsic III SL, and a Full blown older Spectrum. The Classic III I was going to have it moded out, but just haven't done it yet...I have thought about trying a MXT..but like you all my coils are 6.59 series and I hate to buy a bunch for the MXT and not like the detector..So I will just keep looking for more 6.59KHZ stuff and add on...that way my XLt kinda will have ever option for different hunting areas....And if Whites does come out with something in the way of a truly changed detector I can always consider that...

Its been very educational watching you gents discuss this and it seems to me that Whites needs to get with the program and put out a lighter digital machine that would be suitable to hunt relics, coins, or jewely with. I love my MXT, but I'm not 20 something anymore either and all day swinging a 4 1/2 pound detector is doing unspeakable things to my shoulders.