Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

White's V/SAT, nothing special but a few Salmon River sand bar finds

:usmc:

Here are some finds from a small portion of one of our river sand bar beaches north of Riggins. As you can see, there is reason all should wear a good pair of shoes or boots in place of getting sand in between your toe's. All of these hooks still have the barbs and all gave a double sound as a nail or piece of wire would. The area I found those hooks in was about 3' wide and about 10' long.

Amazingly, the standard Long Scan elliptical concentric coil hit on a very small and thin piece of copper bullet fragment (can see near the 6-1/2 inch ruler mark) as well as a very thin and small piece of aluminum a bit to the left. As much as I've read what this coils supposed inabilities are, I was impressed in this instance.

Where the sand ended and the rocks began, I would not have been able to run with the gain as high as I was able. I was running Gain at about 8 and the course GB at about the same over the wet and dry sand but was not far from over loading the machine. The sound on that small bullet fragment was not loud but it was distinct and one I would dig. The size of this and the other piece was more what I would have expected to find with my Gold Master mini DD coil.

Did not find any toe rings or pierced ear rings and to my surprise, no melted aluminum. Most places here along the river are loaded with melted aluminum from camp fires. The tent stake did not surprise me. I find those at about every sand bar I've hunted.

The real sad part about detecting these few sand bars we have is all the Dog crap. There is a lot of trash metals like pull tabs and cans for instance but the Dog crap where kids and people try to enjoy themselves?