Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

White's V3i depth in relation to MX Sport?

Tony N (Michigan)

[size=large]I have a V3i and have heard from some that the MX Sport is just as deep as the V3i.

Does anyone know if this is true?

Also, does anyone have any comparisons when detecting in high trash if one is better than the other?

I realize the V3i is highly programmable and that a person can actually hurt their ability to detect properly if they set things up wrong.
The MX Sport doesn't seem to have too many things to program to mess things up?

Thanks for any help!
Tony
[/size]

I have both.

Depth seems to be pretty much even (stock coil vs stock coil). Deepest coin I've dug is a quarter at a legitimate 12 inches (V3i). I'm certain that the MX Sport would've found it too. I think the MX Sport is a bit deeper than the V3i is when using 3 frequencies at the same time. I think the V3i on 1 frequency is as deep as the Sport.

V3i gives a lot more target info.

MX Sport has faster recovery. Hard to say which machine is better in trash - they're different, but both effective. Both do a very good job of unmasking good targets in a bed of trash. Slower swing with the V3i - but I tend to swing slower anyway so that fits me well.

Both machines do better in trash with small coils. I don't have the same small coil for each machine, so I can't really give a good comparison with small coils.

MX Sport surprises me with how sensitive it is - even on very small targets.

MX Sport has fewer options - both a positive and a negative (potentially)

I suspect the ground tracking is better with the Sport. I can't say that for sure though as my soil tends to be fairly mild and I haven't had issues with my V3i ground tracking.

I think the MX Sport is one of the most under-rated machines on the market.

I think the V3i is under-rated as well - mostly because people are under the impression that it takes a degree in physics to set up and use the machine (it doesn't).

I really like not having to worry about getting the MX Sport wet or covered in mud/dirt.

I prefer the wireless headphones of the V3i.

Weight is close, but Sport is a bit lighter. Both machines swing well.

If I had to sell one of the two, I'd sell the MX Sport but I wouldn't be happy about it. I think the two compliment each other quite nicely.

Tahts-a-dats-ago said:
MX Sport surprises me with how sensitive it is - even on very small targets.

That's the first thing that really surprised me about the machine as well. Even at mid gain settings, it punches deep and will get small low conductors.