Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Whites VX3 is a noise box

chuckmm

Hello to all! I am new to this forum, I took my vx3 out on the frozen grounds to day for about an hour or so and did find some clad, 3 quarters, 3 dimes and 7 pennies Oldest being 1974 copper. pull tabs and a very tiny metal button.
I am finding it a little difficult with all of the sounds this machine makes. Any ideas how to figure them out as to dig or not to dig? I do use the VDI sometimes but mostly go buy sound. With all of the sounds this machine makes in tone id or mixed mode it is hard to distinguish the item found. I was used to the tone id on the xlt and few others but this one throws me off somewhat.

You can set all 191 VDI to any tone you want or no tone on the V3i model. Therefore you can make it sound anyway you want. You can make it just like your XLT if you want. I usually run between 4 and 5 tones in my programs.

It seems like the V gets a bad rap because it will do more than guys old detectors. I love the versitility of the V3i tones.

No, you can't change the tones on the VX3.

BUT
The VX3 has the ability to produce a different tone for each VDI
number. But it can also produce a simple beep/no beep audio for
those who don

If he can handle the one tone XLT, he can make the Vx3 a one tone detector to make it quietier..