Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

who does the sensitivity control knob mods/installs to Compadres

Tajue17

I'm not good soldering boards otherwise I'd do it but looking for someone who does the mod, I have knobs and can drill my own housing or if they do it all its fine.

External sensitivity knob is overrated. For 99% of owners, its fine at factory preset.
Either leave it at factory preset or if you want a little extra depth, Just remove the two faceplate screws and adjust the Sens trimmer until you hear just a tad of chatter.
If you decide you don't like hunting with noise, back the trimpot off a touch.
Sensitivity adjustment might be in order if you do the search coil connector mod to go between diff. search coil sizes.

Look up Keith Southern, he maybe willing to do it.

@Sven,on my Compadre control it had the 5pin conversion done and as far as i can see it works fine,currently running mine with a 4'' coil for river/ford detecting,not sure what the original coil was that came with the control box but as it wa hard wired i assume it was the 5.75'' coil,would i gain any advantage by tweaking the internal sens trimmer ??? and if it is adjusted roughly how much extra depth have you gained on say a 7'' Concentric coil.Your the whizzkid with these machines so i have been told :rofl:

I was thinking about this today, my comp with 7" DD is picking up the pro pointer and from moving the pointer with detector on it seems to be coming from the coil as I move the pointer towords the coil it get faster and louder the chatter, pulsing what ever you would like to call it. I think this detector is turned up pretty high in the sens area, machine works fine.

my 5.75 makes a noise when I turn the pro pointer on off and I belive that's coming from the control box. same with this one machine works fine.

these are the only 2 Tesoro's that do this that I own.

from what I can see the pro pointer and comp run on near the same freq so guessing that probably why this is happening.

if anyone can shed some light I would be interested to hear :biggrin:

prob wont get much more depth Mega maybe a bit more sensitivity to small coins you guys hunt from what I have seen anyway.

another thing I was wondering is the comp using other µmax boards or is it all by itself for the most part? I know it must be to some degree as the 5 pin coils work on them like Mega and others are doing but how much is shared I guess that's my question.

thanks!

AJ

I would say not really added depth, the volume of the coin target lets say would be increased as will ground noise.
You would be changing a Compadre into a fiddigity nervous like machine, enough to bother many who would prefer a silent or almost silent machine so at least you know its turned on and operating.
The Compadre does what's designed for in a pleasant efficient operating manner acceptable to most people.
Personally I wouldn't mod a Compadre, it doesn't have the circuitry designed into it to turn it into a higher performing machine.
Look to the other Tesoro models if you want more depth and controls for more flexible operation......................

Sven said:
I would say not really added depth, the volume of the coin target lets say would be increased as will ground noise.
You would be changing a Compadre into a fiddigity nervous like machine, enough to bother many who would prefer a silent or almost silent machine so at least you know its turned on and operating.
The Compadre does what's designed for in a pleasant efficient operating manner acceptable to most people.
Personally I wouldn't mod a Compadre, it doesn't have the circuitry designed into it to turn it into a higher performing machine.
Look to the other Tesoro models if you want more depth and controls for more flexible operation......................

As usual you are correct,i have a UK version similar to the Bandido that i may try and squeeze some extra juice out of it,the detector will be used just on the odd roman trashy site as that is what they do best pulling finds from in between the trash,currently have the 7'' Concentric on that and may try and see if i can gain some extra depth.They are not renown for being depth monster but superb on trashy sites.

amberjack said:
Don't worry about me I will continue to amuse myself.

AJ

No doubt, you have a good mix of Tesoro's in your stable, a mix of personalities who just make a bunch of noise..............the stories they can tell.
Bet you that CTX thinks its the Foreman and has two First Texas products as Ranch Hands who keep the Tesoro herd in line.................

I have 3 compadres now just picked up a 8" concentric version from the bay after a comfortable offer. my others I did tweak the sens until I heard chatter then reversed until the chater was gone.

I wanted more control over this new compadre but I think Seven who posted above is right so I will forget the idea and keep it at the stock setting at least until I can do a depth test that shows its reasonable,,, I think in the back of my mind I want it to be better than the 5.75 versions that I have which have already proven themselves and have a home with me no matter what brands I ever end up using.

wanted to ask one more thing and keep in mind I'm only 3yrs into this so I'm learning more as I go but I keep seeing posts of people mentioning the 8" compadre but with a DD coil,,,,, is that just a snip the wire and attach with coil of choice or did I miss something because the 8" concentric is the only coil with the compadre right?

Sven, it thinks its the boss but its not always :bouncy: well most of the time but it has a job to do over summer and if it doesn't measure up its going on a very long holiday !!

anyone else getting feedback on the comp via the pro pointer??

Tajue17 I could only find one place selling the comp with the 7" DD coil its in the UK starts with a D if you Google it it should come up !!

AJ