Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Who has experience with the MX5?

Phil

I'm going to buy another detector and think the MX5 may be what I'm looking for. I want an easy to use detector that my brother-in-laws can use to try their hand at detecting. I also want a detector I can use for a clad machine. I'm leaning towards the MX5 because of the tone ID, fast recovery time(I hear) and the fact that it can use the coils I already have for my Spectra V3. I also shouldn't have much of a learning curve since I have experience with XLT, MXT and V3. Does the MX5 meet your expectations? Is it as easy to use as it appears to be? Neither of my BILs have any experience detecting and I don't want to spend all my time trying to show them how to use it.:laugh: I appreciate any info you can give me to help me make my decision on the MX5 purchase.

Get one and be amazed !! Super simple and anyone can setup and use ... Just tell them dig stable VDI's and repeatable signals...

cosmic said:
Get one and be amazed !! Super simple and anyone can setup and use ... Just tell them dig stable VDI's and repeatable signals...

Thank you that sure sounds like a pretty positive review.:thumbup:

cosmic said:

Didn't I see yours up for sale about 3 weeks ago?

Yes I actually have 2.. And several other makes and models ..

The MX-5 is my favorite machine for most hunting. It's 8 tone audio I like better than the MXT pro and in 2 tone it is very good in heavy iron. Throw a 5.3 or 4x6 shooter on it and it's even better. The standby mode has now become second nature to me when retrieving a target. Love it!

The MX5 I have has been compared to the fastest recovery metal detectors on the planet. The White's IDX Pro, modified by Mr. Bill is no slouch in the nasty nail infested sights I hunt at but the MX5 in ONE tone and nails notched out performs better. I consider the older model Tesoros like the Pantera, orig. Bandido and Bandido ll (not µMax) to have the fastest recovery in the iron nails, the MX5 set-up like I described is just as good and deeper too with good target ID.

Just my 2¢

Thanks for the info.

Thanks for the info. If the MX5 is even close to having as fast a recovery speed as my Deus, I will be very impressed. It does sound like a good machine to start my BILs on and a good clad machine for me.

I've had mine about 2 weeks and I've owned about half a dozen machines over the years and the more I use it the more I love it, when I'm not swinging it I'm thinking about swinging it. It's very intuitive and it's a really fun machine to play with. I like how quickly you can make subtle changes. The closest machine I had that was similar to the MX5 was my xterra 505, it was ok but after a while I got bored. My 2nd favorite machine was my M6 btw.
Get you one, if it ain't what you want I'm sure you could turn around and sell it fast,
HH

MX5 is a wonderful machine. If the head phones that come with it have a straight plug, get a L shaped adapter. Mine pulled loose and shorted out from being pulled on while hunting. That the only bad thing I can say about it. Love the suspend mode. I even run it in pin point mode sometimes just to check areas that does not have a lot of trash. The 4x6 shooter coil is killer in trash, like having a knife blade search pattern. Stock coil goes very deep. I have found dimes 8-10 inches with solid sound. Recently picked up the SEF WSS 5x10 coil for the beach. This coil is very stable, pin points dead center, and almost as deep as the stock coil from what I can tell so far. I was able to max out the sensitivity in wet salt sand with very little chatter.

Thanks for all the help fellas. I didn't really see any negative comments which tells me something too. It sounds like I will be getting an MX5 in the near future.