Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Who here uses a Sunray X-12 coil? . . .

A

Anonymous

And how does it compare with the stock coil?
I know it's lighter so don't need to go there.
Is it any more sensitive to coins?
Is it deeper than stock 10" coil?

i tried it, didn't like it.
it was unstable in my ground.

Tony
My 12" Sunray coil is as sensitive as a stock coil, goes an inch or two deeper and performs like the stock coil in all other ways. It's real advantage is the extra ground coverage and slightly lighter weight. It is stable but you should remember that ideally coils should be matched to the detector otherwise you may get a slight mismatch which could result in minor spitting and chirping.
Regards
Fred
ps If you trawl back through the archives there is almost endless discussion about the 12" Sunray coils