Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

who installs sensitivity knobs on compdres?

Tajue17

looking for someone who does the mods, its a machine I bought used with no warranty and my 2nd compadre so I want to try the sens mod on this one,,,, who do you guys recommend?

Keith Southern can do it.

Ive done it but i find its really not a needed mod, i never use it it is cranked up to 75% and left there always.

Just my opinion, but it's like the ground balance mods. If you need that feature, why don't you pick up a model that was designed for and has that feature?
BB

To get "some" better depth, you need to crank up the sens. to the point of falsing-noise.
If you like the way the Compadre runs, mostly silent. Then you probably won't like hunting when the sens. is set into the noise.
You may find the Compadre is no longer a joy to use and crank the sens back anyways.

Got a 7" coil model with the sense cranked up to almost max internally.
Love it, no noise ever except at one site next to a huge electrical box.
IMO a sense mod on this particular unit is not really needed.

I'm curious about this as well guys. Isn't there the ability on the new ones to add ground balance too? Could have sworn I saw a pic what had 3 pots circled on the board. One being sensitivity, I think one GB but can't remember what the third was.... hmmm
But I am interested in nodding mine after I take it out a bit and give it a go.
I've also read that they are maxing the sensitivity anyway to just below the noise from the factory, but don't quote me.
Mine arrives tomorrow so I'd like to try run it stock for a while, but if I can get sensitivity, ground balance, and the second disc pot modded, it will be a true beast with the ed180 and the high freq.... but I may be getting ahead of myself.... lol.
Here's the pic.
attachment.php

Stoof-tabsallday said:
I'm curious about this as well guys. Isn't there the ability on the new ones to add ground balance too? Could have sworn I saw a pic what had 3 pots circled on the board. One being sensitivity, I think one GB but can't remember what the third was.... hmmm
But I am interested in nodding mine after I take it out a bit and give it a go.
I've also read that they are maxing the sensitivity anyway to just below the noise from the factory, but don't quote me.
Mine arrives tomorrow so I'd like to try run it stock for a while, but if I can get sensitivity, ground balance, and the second disc pot modded, it will be a true beast with the ed180 and the high freq.... but I may be getting ahead of myself.... lol.

The Compadre is a known jewel in stock form. There is no real reason to modify it. It's a very pleasant turn on and go machine, enjoyable machine.
It is what it is and it does what it does. It really does not need mods. Don't make a judgement about it needing mods with out actually using it.
It's not meant to be a deep machine, one reason why its so good, doesn't pick up the deeper trash that will mask out a shallower good target.
If you want depth buy a higher performing Tesoro with the extra adjustments.

The only thing you might want to do is adjust the sensitivity trimpot on the circuit board until it just starts to chatter. Chatter is noise and after awhile can be annoying.
Chatter can also mask some small target responses. Best advice is leave it alone, use it, have fun, find some cool stuff. If you need more detector buy a second Tesoro.

I agree with Sven no mods needed its that dulled down ness for want of a better 2 or 3 words that makes it so good :bouncy:

AJ

Awesome guys!! Thanks for the input. Definitly not gonna make any rash decisions on it. Definitly gonna use it as is for a while for what it's intended for.
I look forward to being able to hunt by the sound without all the bells and whistles going off on my garrett (still learning that one anyway too)
But I do believe this will give me a different experience on the hobby and should be enjoyable!!

Oh and also thinking I'll be starting out in pretty much all metal mode and only turning up the disc to try and learn to identify targets better before digging them. Really get to know the sound and length of tone and chirps etc.

Stoof-tabsallday said:
Oh and also thinking I'll be starting out in pretty much all metal mode and only turning up the disc to try and learn to identify targets better before digging them. Really get to know the sound and length of tone and chirps etc.

I quit doing that a long time ago.
The way I do it I hunt in low disc or all metal to get the clearest signals and thumb the knob up past the fade out point then slowly down to see how signals come in.
Those that just appear are usually good like coins, rings and such.
Not all, some trash does this too, but these are the signals I usually dig.
Others might come in noisy with clicks and crackles before they firm up and even though again not all the time but these have usually been trash for me.
Also doing it this way the position of where the disc knob ends up is usually more accurate than thumbing up to the fade out point.
Tesoro doesn't mention a thing about doing it this way in any of their manuals but many of us only do it this way.
I do and I will never go back to the other method.