Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Who is hunting in all metal with the iron audio feature turned on?

woodchiphustler

Since I'm a Relic Hunter this is the reason I ordered the Max!

I usually keep it turned off, but often hit the iron audio button to check my target. It depends how trashy the area is.

basstrackerman said:
I tried that and really like it. Great machine

"I tried all the Modes in iron today and it is certainly noisier than the ATP
But, I didn't hear any difference in audio with All Metal on and then turning Iron Audio on - they sounded the same!"

Des D

Des D said:
basstrackerman said:
I tried that and really like it. Great machine

"I tried all the Modes in iron today and it is certainly noisier than the ATP
But, I didn't hear any difference in audio with All Metal on and then turning Iron Audio on - they sounded the same!"

Des D

Update

"I didn't increase the Iron Disc, so no change was heard.
I'll re-do the experiment tomorrow and increase Iron Disc to note an audible change!"

"Well I tried that in 2 different sites and one was very 'buzzy' and unpleasant to listen to.
So I tried 'ZERO Mode' and it was much quieter and IMHO, just as effective as I still had accurate TID's

I then tried the AM with IA on another fairgrounds site and it was OK for around 3hrs.
Then, it started to behave noisily but this time it was due to EMI and not iron in the ground.
Before it began to act up it netted around 30 coins, very little junk (just 1 tab 2 screw caps no iron but I heard a lot of iron tones)
It got small 10c Euro coins just under the surface with Loud signals despite the coil being shoved thru very tufty grass around 8" above the coins and signalled bigger coins just as easily, all with accurate TID's"