Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Who is @#$%&?

ryaan21

I see this person referenced all the time, but have yet to see them on the forums. Am I missing something?

I think you are referring to.....n a s a t o m d a n k o w s k i.........if you type his name on this forum, for some reason it gets cursed. I don't understand why, he's a Fisher user and has been detecting for over 40 years. Has had his hands in on developing the cz3d....so I don't get it.

Not a sponsor. JMHO

You're probably right Rob. Could be he has a forum also...but I don't believe it is in anyway competition to Finds.

NASATom is A good guy. You need to look him up if you are needing some info on your CZ . Or any machine. He is not just a Fisher man.

if you are talking about nasa tom,i met him about a month ago and he is without a doubt one of the most knowledgeable detector people you will ever meet

Hisnameistomdankowski.

Some sort of kerfuffle happened back in the Dark Ages (I don't know what it was and don't even want to know), and the result was that he became a nonperson.

As the risk of parsing one or more people arf, here's my manifesto on Mr. Nonperson.

1. Mr. Nonperson is a very knowledgeable detectorist, and what's more he's also an engineer who understands beeper guts.

2. Mr. Nonperson is in regular contact with various persons including myself, within the FTP-Fisher company. We are on good terms and value our mutual relationship. It's entirely possible he is in regular contact with one or more insiders at other metal detector manufacturing companies, I don't know and it's none of my damn business anyhow so I've never asked.

3. Although Mr. Nonperson has a website with a forum, where I often lurk but don't post, his website and forum are very different from this one and I do not view them as being direct competitors. No one forum can meet all needs and there will always be others taking up the slack. Furthermore there isn't the slightest danger that Mr. Nonperson's forum might evolve into a direct competitor to Findmall: it just isn't that kind of a thing.

4. Mr. Nonperson, although he has historically had a personal preference for certain Fisher products, and even built a small-scale personal business around aftermarket support of a certain particular Fisher product line, he is not a knee-jerk Fisher partisan, he is first and foremost a detectorist . He's often been quite generous with critique of Fisher products and the company itself when he felt the critique was warranted.

5. To my knowledge nobody has ever questioned Mr. Nonperson's personal integrity.

There, that's my manifesto.

Back in the bad old days, something happened. I don't know specifically what, but I can make some guesses and one or more of them might nail it. It all might have seemed to make sense under the situation that prevailed at the time.

I'm guessing that "at the time" had something to do with events surrounding the failure of Fisher under COHU ownership in California and the transition of Fisher to ownership and manufacturing in El Paso. We were cleaning up a horrible mess that couldn't be returned to its former "under Jim Lewellen" glory, it had to be turned into something different. Although that effort succeeded, it took a couple years for order to emerge from the chaos. The whole transition was a confusing mess to everyone involved, it wasn't like we could just Google a roadmap to tell us where we needed to get to, much less the route there. Everyone involved had to figure it out as it went along.

Mr. Nonperson himself, a fellow whose ties to Fisher were established under the old regime (I believe under Cimino's reign), was suddenly dealing with people in El Paso who didn't know him and he had to figure out what kind of new relationship could emerge. He hung in there for the ride, there were occasional rough spots on both ends, but I'm happy with what came out of the end of that tunnel.

I look forward to the day when Mr. Nonperson can be declared "rehabilitated" or "sentence commuted" or whatever it takes, and this censorship that both impairs the purpose of the forum (communication about relevant stuff) and wastes forum content with posts like this one that deal with forum problems rather than with metal detectors, can be put behind us.

--Dave J.

I can not speak for Dave or Tom, BOY I sure love to see them both post more where & whenever possible! It is always a good read/knowledge=POWER! HH

I will add something that is hard to accept at times.

He tells it how it is and sometimes the truth will hurt. For this he deserves :cheekkiss:

Dave J. says it like it is. Tom is very scientific in his approach to evaluating detectors. Whether they do good or bad, he answers with the factual observations.
For this he must be commended.

Dave I was not trying to waste forum space, I was trying to find out who this guy was since I just bought myself a CZ70 Pro and whenever someone referenced him it always came up with the funny symbols. I heard he was a good source of information.

Thanks for starting the thread, ryaan21.

I've been told that the problems have been fixed. I'm about to type Mr. Nonperson's actual name, and we'll see how it posts. Here goes:

Tom Dankowski

Hoping for the best,

--Dave J.

Nice bit of alchemy there, Dave...thanks for making Mr. Nonperson into a real person again!

Now I can end his name in "i" instead of "1"

amen from me