Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Who likes using 70-80's detectors???

Sven

I still buy one now and then if the price is right, still fun to use and still find stuff.
My favorites were the Dtex units, hard to find these in working order.

I like the mid to late 1980s metal detectors myself. I just picked up a Bounty Hunter 'Bud Lite' and Mark III. I mainly like them as they are analog and well built. No LCD to fade out or replace. Fun to use and with the aid of an audio amp...can still kick it with some of the new offerings. To get the deeper coins,I use the white 10" magnum coil.
Those D-Tex units always interested me. I'd love to find a Money King motion discriminator.

Sven said:
I'd love to find a Money King motion discriminator.

think Joe(TX) has one or two
Yea...I got a few....the Money King Motion is quite Rare in the regular control box set up....I even got a few copies of the very Rare Money King Motion in the barely produced futuristic design..only a few were made...the ones that I got were show room models bought directly from the factory. I bought from the original owners.

I think that was the only D-Tex I ever owned.

I still have a modified Mark One, several non working Tek S/T’s

Both were two of my favorite all time machines to this day.

Mark One stock gave me tennis elbow and my S/T’s all failed

Luv the ole Garrett Deep Seekers from early/mid 70's-----best sound---found dozens and dozens cannon balls and rifled projectiles with mine.

Amen. I owned the Garrett Deepseeker and found quite a few of my relics with it. These were rugged and built to last.....and did.

I love using vintage detectors. Last year, I bought 3 of them so that I could use them again and compare them to today's digital detectors. They are: Garrett Deepseeker (like the one I owned and used in the late '70s and very early '80s and found a lot of silver coins and jewelry with. A White's 5000/D that I've used with amazing results for about 24 hours the past two months. A Garrett Deepseeker ADS 1 that I've only tested to make sure it works. All of these machines are in excellent cosmetic and working condition. I'm going to sell the 5000/D so that I can give the old Deepseeker some field work next but I'm finding it difficult to let go of because I've had so much fun using it.
I've only had one detector stolen in my nearly 50 years of treasure hunting. It was my beloved Treasure Hunter Phantom (Richard Ray) that was a modified D-Tex. I really loved that detector but they're very hard to find.
~Texas Jay
http://centraltexastreasureclub.webs.com

Had been using an AH Super Pro, but retired it because the Garrett with a 10" was a LOT deeper.
Started selling detectors that same year and sold Deepseekers 7 to 1 to anything else. (Compass was second place and sold a lot of them.....says something about Deepseeker sales.):lol:
Garrett was King in the Ark-La-Tex.:bouncy:
Then Teknetics hit with the 9000 & 8500 and completely changed the market (along with D. Johnson's 1260.)
Two tears later Tek had the Mk-1 (in light mineral I still use one) and Compass had the X-100; with the 16" loop; it could hunt with today's best.....wish I had kept it.
And the amount of silver coming up back then was phenomenal. :beers:

It had a reverse TR circuit that was, reversed--so you got audio on a goodie instead of silence. Full page ads in magazines said "motion is dead",
then a year later, they added motion and an 8" loop. Do not think they produced many water units.
Don't recall what year Frank closed the shop, but around 89 he made a licensed copy of the 1266X.

vlad, thanx for the trip down memory lane :)